Ragi

Created by Priyanka Maheshwari

Is Ragi hot or cold for a baby??

• 17

hi monal u can start with ragi porridge.. take ragi powder saute in ghee add water n mix thourly to avoid lumps,add jaggery u can add dry fruit powder,elaichi powder ,grated apple or apple puree,get to boil for 10 to 15 mins or as per d desired consistency. u can make ragi dosa,ragi upma,ragi idli,

ragi good for health. ..n cold for baby

plz send me how to make a ragi food..... ragi recipe ...?

please don't give Ragi directly. you can give Ragimalt which contains 24 varieties of sprouts. my baby was under weight and now she is gaining weight after giving her Ragimalt.

Ragi is cold and avoided in winter. Summer is best time to give your kid ragi. We can make ragi kheer,ragi laddu, or even one can use ragi in buttermilk with mild spice to taste it.

my daughter used to relish it but it aggravated constipation. can i introduce it now since she is two years old.

Hi all, I used to prepare ragi shiro for my girl, same like normal wheat shiro. it tastes great when wheat flour and ragi flour mixed together. Another thing I tried was "ragi dhokla" I used grated carrot and gaurd+all normal spices+finely chopped onion and coriender. added ragi flour and millet flour then steamed it we can give different shapes as well. I hope this will help thanks

I think u should avoid it till summer gets over , ragi is hot

thanks

hii... take 1n half table spoon Raagi and add water into it make a batter then boil that for10 to15min. take a mixy pot add Raagi preparation,dryfruit powder n milk or cream n jaggery powder and twist it in the mixture. very yummy Raagi milk shake is ready... hope ur little ones will like it.

Thank u all of u ..I will try it dfntly

i soak ragi overnight. then grind it n take only liquid part add jaggery n pinch of salt n boil it till it gets thick.

I used to prepare ragi powder at home.. u can chk the process on internet.. u can ragi porridge take ragi powder saute it on ghee add water or milk add jaggery dry fruit powder of ur choice n cook for 10 to 15 mins as per d desired consistency.. u can also make ragi upma d same process of like suji upma.. u can ragi dosa. ragi,jowar mix roti/bhakri is good option during summer as it is easily digestable

hi Shalu Goyal! how ru ! fellow parents please share how u all have been using Ragi! pour in your inputs. thanks .

Thnk u

how to use ragi ?plz tell

hi Priyanka Maheshwari! Ragi is a hot food but too much of it can cause cold. so avoid giving it in the evening.