Babycare Child Psychology and Behaviour

Recovering from UTI

Gaurav Karjee

My 2 year old daughter was diagnosed with Urinary Tract Infection some time back. She had to be hospitalized for the same for some time. But after she recovered , she has not been able to eat or drink properly. It would be great if I could get some suggestions to address the problem.

• 1

Dr Vaneet Parmar

The antibiotics that are given to the child to fight the disease spreading bacteria also kills the good bacteria in the process, the good bacteria is what digests food and promotes hunger. The antibiotics also take a toll on the liver which leads to the poor appetite conditions in children. We as parents can do the following to get them to recover faster and bring their healthy appetites back: 1. Need to give the child a lot of probiotics but if the child does not want to drink the usual ones, try giving the enterogermina vial. Since it comes in a small plastic vial that needs to be broken open (the kids love to be in charge of their own medicine), kids take it for the fun of the process. The best part is that it is effective and it is flavorless/colorless( just like drinking a small sip of water from a very fancy looking plastic tube). Need to give one vial for 5 days. 2. Now a days a lot of ORS solutions come in different flavors like apple and orange , try giving that to the child and also drink yourself first so the child is inspired to drink .(It would help if you made a story around it and made it fun for the child).

Severe diaper rash.

What is best remedy fr diaper rash?should a baby of 15 month suffering frm sever..

Getting rid of diapering habits

my boy is 3yrs old and still have to make him wear diaper at night. CAn any one..

prsnl

Hllo meri beti 2. 2yrs old ki he bt abhi tk pii and poo k bare me nhi btati pa..

baby's crying so much without ne reason...

my 1 year old baby got viral fever few days back bt though fever has gone she is..

baby care

my son is 1yr9mnth when we shld brush teeth

mother feed

how to stop mother feeding for my child???

my baby eat hair too much...

everytym my baby pick hair from everywhere and eat... i m in very trouble please..

baby health

hii all 1. shall​ i give 2 banana morning n evening to my 12mnth prince.....