regarding baby weight gain

Updated on Aug 22, 2017

Hi mommies pls help me. my baby is 6 months 28days old touchwood my baby will eat whatever I give I am very happy with that but baby is not gaining weight at all.. her birth weight is 2. 9 kgs and now she is 6. 3 kgs. daily I give ilaki banana and started rice also rasam rice and curd rice daily afternoon giving mrng idly r dosa r ragi porridge then rice kanji also will daily giving.. beetroot potato weekly once.. Apple puree and pomegranate juice daily giving.. but greatest disadvantage is that per day 5 times baby going toilet and around 20times going urine so she gets hungry often and not gaining weight also pls help me what to do for dis.. but toilet is normal I mean thick... but my milk is dried I don't have milk till 6 months I gave then started formula her health not accepted as per doctor advice now my baby is having aavin milk.. now tell me what to do for weight gain and pls..

• 4

it's good that your baby is eating whatever you give but be patient. make sure he sleeps a lot. that helps a lot in baby weight gain. also do not reduce breastfeed as you switch to semi solid food. one of the reasons for baby pooing many times is that he is not able to digest variety of foods. keep it simple. give his favourite 1-2 items each week. banana and potato are weight gainers you can give it once a day. give him 3-4 meals at regular intervals and then feeding inbetween. baby peeing a lot is healthy sign but keep him dry so that he can sleep at stretch.

• Reply

thanks a lot anuradha

• Reply

one more thing.... do not add salt and/or sugar in baby's food till he is 1 year old. their kidneys can not cope up with either of them. babies enjoy natural tastes of food which is bland for us.

• Reply

hi hema can u plz help me how to prepare rasam for my 7 months 10days baby

• Reply

Ask your queries to Doctors & Experts

Ask your queries to Doctors & Experts

Download APP

Top Babycare Blogs