Regular milk for baby.

Updated on Nov 23, 2012

My 9 month old son has drastically reduced his milk comsumption. I am still feeding him and he barely spends 5 minutes nursing. This has been going on since a month. He eats solids quite well and drinks water too. He will not take milk in the bottle, so all my efforts of trying to feed him formula, have been in vain.   I have started to get concerned as milk is a very important for their growth and development. When is the earliest that I can introduce regular milk to him?  Please share your thoughts and experiences to help me out here. Thanks!

• 3

Pooja grover

My son is 3. 5 yrs old. i don't know why he doesnt like milk. when i offered him. he'll just hv 2-3 sips. plz suggest.

Thank you for sharing your input Dr. Parmar. I know switching to milk at this stage may not be a wise thing to do as you suggested that milk is deficient in some vital nutrients. I will wait for a couple of months and see how things go and introduce milk at that stage. Thank you!

Dr Vaneet Parmar

Hi Anurima, Milk is important for a 9 month old infant but semi solids are more important at this stage. Milk is deficient in some vital minerals n vitamins so semi solids compensate for that. Give the baby a lot of milk products in the diet n continue breast feeding. 5 min of nursing is good enough. Try giving milk in a sipper, glass etc. If the baby is gaining weight adequately everything is fine and you need not worry. Normal milk can be started at 12 months though personally I would recommend you start it after 9 months.

hi my son s 11 month

pls guide me a food chart for him .

food for baby

tell me what should I give to my 9 months old baby

less feeding

my 3. 5 month old baby boy is taking less milk from last 4-5 days.. earlier he u..

formula milk

Hi all, My daughter is 6 and half month I already started solid food, before I..

can i give banana my son every day??

plz suggest some fruits for my 7 month b..

can I give papaya to my 7 month old baby