Regular milk for baby.

My 9 month old son has drastically reduced his milk comsumption. I am still feeding him and he barely spends 5 minutes nursing. This has been going on since a month. He eats solids quite well and drinks water too. He will not take milk in the bottle, so all my efforts of trying to feed him formula, have been in vain.   I have started to get concerned as milk is a very important for their growth and development. When is the earliest that I can introduce regular milk to him?  Please share your thoughts and experiences to help me out here. Thanks!

• 3

Pooja grover

My son is 3. 5 yrs old. i don't know why he doesnt like milk. when i offered him. he'll just hv 2-3 sips. plz suggest.

Thank you for sharing your input Dr. Parmar. I know switching to milk at this stage may not be a wise thing to do as you suggested that milk is deficient in some vital nutrients. I will wait for a couple of months and see how things go and introduce milk at that stage. Thank you!

Dr Vaneet Parmar

Hi Anurima, Milk is important for a 9 month old infant but semi solids are more important at this stage. Milk is deficient in some vital minerals n vitamins so semi solids compensate for that. Give the baby a lot of milk products in the diet n continue breast feeding. 5 min of nursing is good enough. Try giving milk in a sipper, glass etc. If the baby is gaining weight adequately everything is fine and you need not worry. Normal milk can be started at 12 months though personally I would recommend you start it after 9 months.

hi my son is 5 months old when did start food and what will taken receipes for h..

baby weight

my girl baby be is 2. 900kg then 45days weight is 4. 00 kg it is normal

feed for baby

can I give wheat roti to my 7 month baby?

Food

My baby is 5 months old. What can I start giving him and what intervals. As I am..

food to eat

hi my son will complete its 6th month on 30 may can u plz tell me what food shou..

suggest food

night food

Hi mommies, My son is 10 months old. Suggest me some easy digestion dinner recip..

vomiting

my baby 7 months old. she taken food that would be vomited all. she taking food..