respected sir/madam I am a mother to a 6 and 10 year old boys. Mg 6 year old is sincere but facing challenges in reading but my 10 year old only likes to do maths ..is not able to read fluently and his notebooks are incomplete I keep yelling at him for book completion.. even I dictate and Makehim complete but he writes not more than 2 pages.. due to which he is getting remarks from teachers.. he gets distracted very easily

Updated on Aug 08, 2022

• 6

Amreen its very common for newly school going kids to loose interest in studies.. make them learn subjects like stories and try to tell them the in interesting way with live examples.. forcing them to study will not help, please don't loose patience

• Reply

Amreen I do understand your concern. Please believe you me when I say, you are not alone in this. During to the 2 years break due to the pandemic most of the children are facing this issue of unwillingness to write . Don't worry, start afresh. Bring your child a diary, colorful pens, stickers wherein he can write a page in it, decorate it . Do not read it, but if he wishes to show you the diary to praise his efforts. Also bring him a whiteboard,a marker wherein he can do practice sums on the board. All this will help him bring back his interest in writing.

• Reply

You might find these tios handy. Here is a blog you might find useful. Blogs- https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/how-to-improve-your-childs-handwriting/2324

• Reply

Also please try not to yell at your child. Scolding him will make him further averse to studies. May be his hands gets tired, or he finds it uninteresting . do simple hand exercises with him to make his muscles strong and introduce fun element in it, to break the monotony. If he gets tired writing long pages ,break his homework into parts. So he can finish half of the part in 15-20 minutes with a timer on, give a break for 15 minutes and then he can finish the rest. Try to understand what is it that is demotivating him. We need to solve the issue by understanding and being empathetic and not go on a different tangent by scolding him and deviating from the issue at hand.

• Reply

Amreen here is the blog which might help you in how to improve concentration in studies for kids. Blogs- https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/how-to-improve-concentration-power-and-memory/2298

• Reply

Children need parents to understand their problems and if we would judge our own children who will understand them. So be supportive, listen to his reasons for not being able to write and help him manage this issue. Also think of another angle to his unwillingness, is he making lot of mistakes in writing, reverse letters, as in writing their mirror images especially for alphabets like P , B , s etc. Please observe the mistakes in his notebooks.

• Reply

Ask your queries to Doctors & Experts

Ask your queries to Doctors & Experts

Download APP