Right age for admission in the school

Amitendra

Updated on Aug 01, 2013

Hello Fellows... My daughter is May 24, 2011, born. I am not sure whether I should apply for her nursery admissions in 2014 or in 2015... Please share your experiences..

• 5
Priya

Hi Admin/Fellow Parents, Any opinion on the above?

Priya

Aug-2010 should be fine for any school. I am only worried about if incase there is any cutoff before the 10th board as my son was just 2. 5 years old (jan-2011 born) when he started going to Nursery. It should not happen that he needs to repeat a grade at a later stage when he wudn't like it deifnitely just because of his age criteria.

ambika

my daughter is born in aug-2010 n she is in nursery 2013-14, wen school started she didnt completed 3 yrs... so it really depends in wich school n wich place u stay... in mumbai most of d school follow year wise trend(eg-- child born whether on jan or dec 2010 will get admission in nursery) n not month wise trend

Amitendra

Thanks... It's a help indeed...

Hi Amitendra! According to the Delhi High Court verdict, there is no more an upper age bracket for the nursery admissions in schools. The ruling says that the lower/entry age of the child should be 3 years in march 2014 for '14-'15 academic sessions. Hope this helps.

Top Education and Learning Blogs