Schools focus - Academic/Holistic

Ritu

Updated on Sep 19, 2012

Which school should be selected one that focuses on academics or holistic? Academics is always important... Although I have already chosen school for my daughter - Shiv Nadar but wanted to understand what is good. If any parents child is going to Shiv Nadar I would also want to understand the methodology...

• 2
Ritu

Thanks Nitin :).

Ritu- Academics is important but not enough just by itself, as co-scholastics play as much an important role, especially in today's day and age. This is the first year for Shiv Nadar school (SNS). From what i have noticed, they are clearly focused on providing multiple avenues beyond learning, e. g. the AHA time for the child to pick two areas of his/her interest, similarly there are more after class programs which in a way is integrated to learning. I also notice that they have inculcated project based learning in the curriculum. Having mentioned that, it still is to be seen so as to how do they shape up academically. A lot will depend on their teacher recruitment and the school culture. Heritage and Shri Ram, the two leading schools in Gurgaon were also new just 5 years ago... but today have shaped upto the current level.