scratching and pulling ears

Poonam Rawat

Updated on Dec 23, 2016

my son is 15 months. He always keeps pulling his ears and also scratching inside the ears. I asked my paediatric about this, he said its because of some moisture inside his ears , need not to worry. he is fine. But as a mother I'm little worried. is there every thing ok with his ears?

• 6
Harsha Devnani

nothing to worry u can try to insert oil in ears so that wax comes out

Tejal Singh

I think this is totally normal. My son use to do same and sometimes still does. I asked my pedc about that and she said its normal, my mom in law has a view point that its due to tee and his ears may be paining. So if you wish you can consult your pedc

take some marigold leaves,crush them finely n put that on back side of ear. if wax is there in ears it will come out..

Masarat Jan

Always try to feed ur in baby in siting position n avoid to feed in lying position. as while feeding in lying position some of the milk sometimes slips into the ears n lead to infection of ear. that is why baby pulls or scratches his ear.

Poonam Rawat

thank u so much Ambika. i guess while giving bath may be some drops of water entering into his ears. so i will clear ears after bath with baby buds. hope he will stop doing that.

Ambika

Hi poonam, as u said you have consulted your doctor it's absolutely fine don't worry. My son had the same habit pulling years & scratching his ears inside at the age of 9months. I also consulted doctor, he said ear is very clear no wax found. That might be their mannerisms he meant after my several doubts raised. Later on my son himself stopped doing it. After every bath make sure to wipe out the water with baby buds or pure & clean cotton cloth not too inner though mild cleaning is more than enough. I have noticed before they catch-up with cold, that might be a sign my kid start to scratch inside ear.