SEMISOLIDS AT 4. 5MONTHS

Kia

My parents are forcing me to feed semisolids to my 4. 5 month old child. I told them to wait for 1 more month. They say that both me and my brother were started semisolid food after completion of three months and we are healthy. Baby is on combination feed and not drinking milk properly. He is drooling when ever he See's us eating solid food. What should I do?#parenting

• 5
Shreshta Sathish

hello kia... I agree breast feeding is the best for the baby.. but If he is not taking proper milk then u must consult he pediatrician.. my son is 4 months and he had a lot of spit up complaints.. he used to keep spitting milk even after 3 hours after feeding.. but my pediatrician told me to start off with semisolid foods.. since I'm low on bm he had earlier told me to start with top feed.. now he told me not to depend completely on milk and start giving him top feed once a day.. I did start with ragi porridge and raw banana powder porridge since two days.. the doctor especially told me that I must give it a bit thick along with water and not to make it too loose since he mite not like it.. earlier I tried by mixing milk with it.. he would refuse to have it.. so I gave without milk and he ate it.. If u r doctor is insistent not to give it... stick to them.. but do tell him that u r baby is not taking proper milk..

Tanushree Ghosh

Simple solution to make ur parents understand is take them along with u to the pediatrician. Try to breastfeed exclusively & start with semi solids after six months.

manasa raghav

hi Kia.. wait untill Ur baby is 6months, exclusively bf it improves Ur baby Immunity

Surbhi Miglani Kundra

i truly understand ur situation. i stay with my inlaws n a joint family. even i was told to feed d child food, cows milk , water n what not. its hard to explain ur inlaws.. luckily my hubbys frnd is a pediatric... so it became easier 4 me to explain them that Exclusive BF for 6 months only.

Mahima Krishna

hi kia .. drooling is common in babies... bt startn semi solids is not the ryt tym... if u feel ur unable to explain to ur parents visit ur paed n make ur paed explain to ur parents.... it ws an entirely different situation given abt 20-25 yrs back....