Sleep problem

Sonia Martin

Wellness Corner I have a 5 month old daughter, if she feels very sleepy she throws a big tantrum and she doesn't like 2 stay in our arms or on bed no where Im really worried other babies of her age sleep very quietly when they feel sleepy but why does my child throw such a big show before sleeping.

• 1

Anuradha H

Hi Sonia It's frustrating and tiring when every nap is a struggle. Isn't it? Not all babies sleep quietly on their own. It depends on their temperament, activity levels and general sleep patterns and habits. Babies refuse to sleep either because they are too tired or because they feel they will miss out on playtime. Few ways to improve this situation are 1) Try to maintain a schedule each day of when baby wakes up, feeds, plays, sleeps. This will help the baby to learn what to expect and it becomes a habit after few days. Unlike adults babies love routine. 2) Notice the signs of tiredness early and make the baby sleep before she becomes overtired. 3) Have a routine before each nap like diaper change, singing a specific song, reading a book. Also you can have a nap buddy toy. Give that toy only when baby is supposed to sleep. She will soon come to know that it is sleep time when these things are done. 4) Reduce the noise, light and stimulation around bedtime. Speak in low volume and avoid any screen time like TV or mobile. This helps the baby to wind down and get ready to sleep. Above all, be patient. Over time, babies will form their own schedule and ease these difficulties. Hope this helps!

mouth wash

my baby one month Old please suggest mouth tongue clean my baby tongue full whi..

Complextion

My baby is 1 month old boy, Nd he s lost his complextion compared to his birth....

rolling on stomach

when does baby roll on stomach

teeth come on 20 days born baby. is it s..

hi to all .my baby born on 20 days past .today my mother seen his 2 tooth on t..

poop

my baby is 7 months old.. i started giving carrot puree,apple puree,,but poop is..

head(talu)

baby is 1 year and head part which is called talu is still weak.. what are the r..

cream and lotion

3 month old baby ke face pr cream or body pr lotion use kr skte h kya and shampo..