sleep

Priti Kothari

Updated on Dec 06, 2016

My 4 months old daughter doesn't sleep at all whole day but she wants to sleep... what should I do.

• 24
Soma Dhara

Hi... my lo is walking with support... what's the right month for babies for walking without support???

Smitha

If your baby is crying a lot and is having gas problems then you can try colic acid drops. 8 drops 3 times a day. But if your baby is not crying but not sleeping then please don't try anything. let your baby be. she will get fine as she grows.

BARNABAS AMULRAJ

Please don't try gripe water or bonisan. Gripe water contains alcohol which makes the baby sleepy. Please read the ingredients of gripe water before administering to infants. Bonisan contains all herbal ingredients. If it suits the baby, then no problem. But some babies get dysentery due to the herbal content and it's difficult to stop dysentery in babies. You have to find out yourself methods to make the baby sleep (trial and error). It might be cradle, rocking cradle or making the baby listen soothing music. It differs from baby to baby. At all costs, please listen to your pediatrician, he knows what is best for the baby.

Ratna Chakraborty

may be she is not getting enough feeding....

Karna

i think it's better not to use gripe water. Even our pediatrician advised not to use gripe water. consult your pediatrician once before using

Ashwini

dear Priti my daughter used to do it... I tie a cradle at home using cotton rope and hook and used cotton bedsheets on it... it helped me a lot.... one more thing to add is if she is not crying it's fine..

Preeti Khandelwal

try to swaddle her... may b that helps as she will feel like she is in ur arms

Priti Kothari

Thank a lot for information.. coconut oil I am not using as weather is cold in bangalore.. will buy sesame oil now.

S ISHA

olive oil should not be used for babies.. revealed in recent study. it dries the skin. sesame oil is much better. and coconut oil too.... please watch video in mothersparsh

Priti Kothari

What is cold pressed sesame oil..

Keerthi

my daughter too didn't sleep the entire day.. she s 11months n still do the same.. c to it ur baby s active n healthy in spite of no sleep if so need not wry

Keerthi

Priti Kothari

That's why I don't apply it on face... anyways I think oive oil will suit in bangalore.

Dr Nuzhat Fatema

olive for winter season n sesame for all seasons. .. never use mustard. ..complexion blacken because of it

Priti Kothari

I am using warm mustard oil... but she sleeps for half n hour... will try sesame or olive oil also. olive oil will suit in any weather .

Dr Nuzhat Fatema

hi preeti... proper n through massage her whole body n head with sesame oil or olive oil in the morning . use warm oil n then put her bath n see the results. .she wil definitely sleep for 2 hrs

Smitha

Some children are like that. If she is not having any colic or gas problems then it is normal. try giving her light massage

Priti Kothari

No she is not having tummy problem. ..and yes I am giving gripe water. ..

Kimmy Gupta

if she is crying in the evening , there are chances she might have colic.. surf about colic on internet.. you might get ur answer

Pooja Raheja

Preeti usko tummy ka problem b ho sakta pet me dard ya fas gas pehle meri baby b aisa he karti thi gripe water chalu kia kya

Priti Kothari

by evening that is by 5 she will start crying to sleep. ..sometimes she wakes up in between and start crying and as I take her in my arms she sleeps

Pooja Raheja

first of all is she crying if she doesn't sleep

Priti Kothari

Do all the which you have mentioned. ..still she don't sleep.. and if sleeps then only for stretch of half n hour.

Apurva gupta

First of all, u should make her play in one room nd sleep in the other. Her sleeping room should be with very low light... in afternoon only light sunlight and in night only a night bulb. Make environment of silence for her. Sing a slow lullaby and feed her to sleep. Then see the change.