snacking on junk food while watching TV

snacking on junk food while watching TV encourages unhealthy eating habits in kids The more TV kids watched, the more unhealthy food they ate. The problem is deeper than kids over-snacking out of boredom while sitting in front of the TV or computer. TV watching can set kids up for a deeper pattern of poor eating habits. When combined with lack of physical activity, this can cause obesity and serious health issues including type 2 diabetes, heart problems and sleep disorders.  

• 4

So true. We see our kids developing some habits but only when they become habits do we take notice.. by that time they have become conditioned. Great input by Ms. Sodhi. I do that even while we are going out. I have him eat something at home before we leave, so this cuts down on one serving of junk food - if we are going out for long. Otherwise they simply want to grab a pack of wafers and parents end up obliging. And then we can guiltlessly enjoy the pizza party.

Tanuja Sodhi

Kids eat mindlessly while watching TV & this becomes a pattern hard to break if we as parents don't intervene in time because the child gets conditioned to reach out for junk the moment she/he puts on TV everyday.... What worked in my child's case was- firstly, I cleared my kitchen cabinet of all junk and secondly, started giving him a healthy snack just before his TV time so that he lost the craving for junk at that particular time....

how?

I definitely agree with this ...all it takes is a little bit of discipline on the parents part and the kids end up getting the right impression on what is good for them and what is not ... we need to lead by example .....

my daughter 2yrs 9months old.. she is a..

my daughter 2yrs 9months old.. she is active but very low weight just gained 10..

Ragi dosa

please share the recipe of ragi dosa. tried many times but it sticks to the grid..

my baby is 9months old. can u give buttermilk to my son in this hot summer.

Feeding

My baby is 9months old,can any one tell me how feeds should be given in a day. A..

Feeding

my baby is now 9months old. please suggest me best formula milk products

low weight

my baby girl is around 1 year old. She is only 7. 5kg. Her birth weight was 2. 1..

Digestion

My girl is 20 months. She loves sweet corn very much but it's not digesting for..

when to give water and solid food to bab..

hi my baby is 5 month old I thought of giving her rice cerelac and water,I want..