Solid food

Arti Rastogi

Hi, I have twin boys (2. 10mths) of age who just refuse to eat any solids including dal or any vegetable. The only thing they want it milk or maybe dalia, suji kheer that is semi solid... chewing is just not happening. Only plain roti maybe with sugar or rice with sugar. Pls suggest how do i go about? any recipies and how to make them just love food.

• 2

I have heard of children with this problem, it is not unique. My cousin used to give her daughter soups and fresh juices, overdone rice with ghee or butter, mashed potatoes and other vegetables pureed. The child is 8 now and she is fine. You could try it.

Dear Arti. I can understand your concern. My daughter ate baby cereals and roti with milk for dinner until almost 2. 5years and would eat a few spoons of khitchri for lunch. Besides that she would only drink milk. Through a lot of trial and error, I learnt that she did not like to see a mish-mash of food on her plate. She preferred to see and know what she ate. So I began serving her portioned food which she enjoyed mixing as per her wish and ate. You could try presenting them food in a colourful way and in attractive kids crockery and cutlery. If you can, try making soft veg nuggets by using biscuit cutters,which come in animal shapes or in shapes of stars,moon etc. If you are a non vegetarian, you could try making chicken soup with pureed vegs and let them drink it. This way they will get the goodness of both chicken and vegetables. It may take them a while to get used to the different textures of food. Please be patient and persistent and try to offer them different types of food from time to time. Good luck :)

Fridge food ( freezer ) for babies

Is Food kept in fridge or freezer are good for babies ( 14 months ).

food & weight increase

hi tell healthy food and weight increase food how to feed

For deit

hello everyone.... nice to see you all here.... i am having 2 kids... both boy n..

Not eating solid food

my child is 1 year and 4 months he doesn't want to eat , he is thin . and day by..

can I can give 1 egg daily my one year daughter

can I give bread to my 1 yr 5 months daughter

plz suggest me 18month old baby ko raat me specially kya khana du..... all my i..