Some health benefits of Papaya

Updated on Jun 11, 2012

Hey you all , i was inspired by praveen and thought i would find out some lesser known facts about other fruits that are really good for us and the kids too so here goes some facts about papaya... Papaya contains a high amount of potassium and the flesh of papaya is very high in Vitamin A.   Papaya seeds and leaves are useful in treating intestinal worms found in the body.   Papaya helps prevent constipation and also aid in digestion. Papaya contains the protein called papain which is a digestive enzyme that helps in natural digestion process.   The skin of papaya is excellent for treating skin wounds and places that do not heal quickly.   Papaya is low in calories and high in nutritive value hence it is an excellent food for those on a diet.   Regularly consuming papaya helps to relieve morning sickness and nausea.   Papaya has anti-inflammatory properties and anti-cancerous properties. The anti-inflammatory properties in papaya will help reduce pain for those suffering from arthritis, edema and osteoporosis.   Papaya is very good for those who frequently suffer from cold, cough or flu because intake of papaya boosts the immune system. The high concentration of Vitamin C and Vitamin A contained in papaya is very beneficial to strengthen the immune system.   Papaya is also very good for the hair and helps in controlling dandruff. Papaya shampoos are good for the hair and are available in many health stores.   Papaya cleans the stomach and studies have shown that papaya alone eaten for 3 to 4 days has a highly beneficial tonic effect upon the stomach and intestines. So go ahead and enjoy those Papayas...

• 3

Nice to know that papaya has so many benefits! It's one of my favorite fruits and I guess I'll enjoy it all the more now after reading this article :)

have at it... my friend :-)

it's so hard to get a good papaya... but still i shall go look for one in wake of all the benefits listed. thanks again for sharing

weight loss

peanut butter ia good in weight loss or not

Food

My baby is 11 months old. He is bored of eating purees ,may I start giving him l..

5 months baby for me. While breastfeeding shall I take special k. its gud for b..

nan pro 2 GOLD

Hi mommies... I just heard about nan pro 2 gold.. premium formula feed for your..

can dates be eaten during pregnancy?? i am 20 weeks and 3 days pregnant

Can I eat egg in this whether (Monsoon).

I'm 3week6 days pregnant I want to know what items dont eat in this time plz he..

want to reduce my weight

after my delivery i cant lose my weight.. if i take green tea or in diet it affe..