Spanking your Child

Praveen Premkumar

Came across an article in the Times of India, Delhi today on Parents and Spanking. It said, of the parents researched 55% of them spanked their child. And mostly by home makers. While I am not sure of the authenticity of this research, it got me wondering. Is spanking actually helpful? Or does it leave a negative mark on the emotional build of the child?

• 3

Sreelakshmi

I feel that spanking a child does not do much good to either the child/parent. Over time the child might get used to the yelling and spanking. It can lead to either the child becoming withdrawn and introverted or becoming more aggressive and revolting. It will hurt the child’s self image in the long run. Since children mostly absorb and emulate their parents’ behavior they might take cues and demonstrate similar aggression in their life too. From the parent’s side, I feel they might end up being guilty and if they see that their spanking hasn't led to any positive changes; it leads to even more frustration.

It hurts the child emotionally and over time the damage may turn irreversible.

I am not sure if there are any positive outcome from this act, both for the parents and the child. I do not support any form of hitting, beating or spanking.. but sadly it might be a common practice in many households.

Here is a list of things you need to tea..

1: Warn your Girl Child Never to sit on anyone's laps no matter the situation in..

GDP

I have gestational diabetes so what's the diet , we can reduces by diet ? please..

baby rolling

hi all,my baby is 4 months. at what age she will start rolling

how much water baby drink at 6 months

hi, my baby is 6 months old now ,how much water babies drink at 6 month, it is n..

best biscuits for one year old

can u people suggest me which biscuits are good for 1 year old baby

Heat Boils

My baby is 1 month 5 dayz she has a lot of heat boils on her body wot home remed..

Pros and cons of using nipple shield

Hi friends, I am mom to a cute 3 week old baby. i have flat nipple and had latc..

hi everyone

my baby drunk breastfeed for only two months. that too only night. now my baby i..