Stammering problem

Sangeeta Chugh

Updated on Jul 24, 2015

My son is 9yrs old and he is stammering since last 5yrs but the stammering is not constant .he will stammer for few weeks and will be absolutely fine for next few months .lately I have observed that his stammering is increasing with age. Have given homeopathic medicines but not of much help . Any advice plz

• 8
Kirti Mehrotra

I also face the problem of occasional stammering. It generally occurs due to lack of confidence or being too self conscious. Don't discuss this problem with others in front of your son and encourage him to speak slowly and not very fast. And believe me you can handle this problem. Its not a big one.

Shikha Sinha

if its existing for 5 years you must see speech therapist

Shikha Sinha

Shikha Sinha

Shikha Sinha

Shikha Sinha

Sangeeta Chugh

Thanks carol and pavana ... I am trying to figure the cause but not sure if stress, anxiety or work pressure is the cause ... Reluctant in taking him to speech therapist as I don't want him to be consious of his stammering ... I think u r right .... He needs more love ,attention and my time .

Pavana

I agree with Carol. If its not regular then its most because of the stress. Please talk to your kid and try to spend quality time with the kid mostly during those times and in regular to avoid those situations to occur.