Start to Brush teeth

Ketaki

Updated on Aug 25, 2014

Hi All,   My daughter just turned 1 and has around 8 teeth. I try to use finger brush; but she cries a lot. She has started eating almost everything, and thus has bad mouth. Her tongue also looks dirty as Milk and other food left over.   She is very reluctant to brush and cries a lot. Tried telling her stories, songs, but she does not respond. I know this could be difficult for me to get her done; but any suggestions what all I can try?  

• 13
Ketaki

Aarti Mehan: Sounds good, will try it and surely update you about response; Thanks

best thing is just show you tube... videos... to her during the day... my son learnt this way... kids copy other kids...

Ketaki

@Sravya : thanks, I used to do it before, but now as she has started eating almost everything, it keeps accumulating on her tongue and teeths. I gave her toothbrush but she does not put it in her mouth rather throws on floor.

Ketaki

Ankita A Talwar: I do not use any kind of toothpaste yet. I am not sure if any safe toothpastes available which even if she swallows is fine..

Ketaki

Dr. Sonali Bassi: Thanks for your valuable inputs. Yes, she is very much reluctant when she sees that little toothbrush in my hand. I use finger toothbrush, that might be one of the reason she is scared of. I am trying best to do it everyday but as soon as she notices it in my hand, she starts crying a lot.