Starting solid

Shanta Kulkarni

Updated on Jan 28, 2016

My baby is in her 4 month wanted to know what is the best time and the best semi solid to start... She's on formula feed

• 5
Manmeet Kaur

I gave cerelac in liquid runny form for 2-3 months . And do not try all varieties of cerelac . They don't taste so good . Cerelac Wheat tastes best to children . My daughter never developed taste for any other flavor. After 6 months u can anyway start other semi solid food so need for other flavors like khidchdi , dalia etc. Ya but consult your doctor before starting . My daughter was not gaining so much weight and was completely on formula fed hence as per doctor advice I started at 4 months.

Haritima Pandey

Hi.... Preeti is correct.. It should start after 6th mnths or first consult to ur pediatrician.

Vaishnavi

Hi manmet kaur.. was cerelac given in liquid runny form or in thick form for ur kid

preeti

its best to start after six month

Manmeet Kaur

My Baby was also on formula feed . I started cerelac and dal water at 4 months . After 6 months I started semi solid foods like khichdi , porriage , and other semi solid foods .