Steam Vaporizer

Usha

Updated on Nov 14, 2012

Hi,   Is that safe to use Steam Vaporizer for 8 month old baby? Please let me know the brand also so that i can buy it.   Thanks in advance.

• 7

Ami Pathak

Hi, You can go to any near by hospital for the same, it works . We did it once or twice when my son was having cold.

Hi, you could also explore Dr. Morepen and Vicks. (http://www.babyoye.com/vicks-vaporizer-v188.html)

Also, in case you have already seen a few in the stores, you could tell me the brands and I can look them up online and get back to you on whether they are similar to the one we have been using, if that is ok with you.

Hi Usha, the humidifier we use is not an Indian brand. I am not aware of the brands which have vaporizers or humidifiers available in India. Tried to look up on the Internet and found Kent and Phillips. Maybe you could check at a home appliance store and see which is selling the most. Definitely go for a good branded one :)

Usha

Hi Anurima, Also tell me which brand to buy.. Bcz im confused on which to buy. Thanks.

Usha

Thanks Anurima.

Hi Usha. We have been using a humidifier for my son since birth. He is also 8 months old. He used to have a stuffy nose every night. We started putting the humidifier on for a few hours when he went to bed and it seemed to help him. The steam from a vaporizer/humidifier moistens the air and it is beneficial especially during winter and when the child has a cold. Please make sure to change the water and clean the vaporizer everyday as the warm water could become a breeding ground for germs. I would not recommend any menthol based liquid or vicks be added to the water.

my baby is 2 month old, from her right..

she is having little cold so is that the reason or because of heat. coz since t..

bottle feeding

my baby is 11 month old,,vo spoon seemilk pi let's Hai but bottle feeding nhi le..

white spot on 3 months old baby

Hi all , plz suggest me, abt my baby he is 3 months old having 2,3 white spot i..

rolling

hi friends, my baby has completed 6 months but she is not sleeping on her tummy..

make baby sleep without feedinf

how to make my 10 momth sleep without feedinf. he doesn't sleep without nursing...

baby weight

my son 's birth weight was 3. 3kgs. now he is 6 month 10 days old and he is only..

how to start solid food for a baby with..

Here is my vedio on how to start solid food for baby with some tips and tricks....

Milk

Hii... my daughter is 11 mnth and she is exclusively dependent on bf.. as i want..