Sterilization of baby bottles.

Anupriya Singh

Updated on Dec 08, 2016

Hello Friends, My baby is one year plus now, so I want to know that should I continue with the sterling the baby bottles or I can stop it now, and also about using boiled water. ?

• 7
abhilasha Ayyagari

HiAnupriya, Sterilisation of bottles is essential irrespective of the age of the child. The bottles come with a mark saying "sterilisation required". Ideal would be to slowly shift from the bottle to steel glass which is more hygienic and easy to maintain. Pour a sip or two in a glass and teach the child to drink. Also boiled water is safe for an infant. My son is almost 2 years now but I still give him boiled water. However when we are travelling I give him mineral water.

Swathi Doshi

i hided the bottles totally.. he was very frustrated for a week then even he forgot d bottles.. at no cost i showed him bottles again.. its better to stop as they r small n cant understand so much cause once they understand totally they wil be too cranky..

Sangita Borkar Dhavale

plzs share some tricks to stop bottle feeding... my baby is 15months old

Ritu Sehrawat

Plz tell me how to encourage a baby to drink milk. my son is 17 months old and he is on breastfeed. he is not taking an interest in milk. what should I do and in night how is it possible to feed him milk by glass.

Pooja Raheja

yesh u shud sterlise the bottles utensils of ur baby till ur baby turns 2years n feeding bottle shud b sterlize till ur baby is taking bottle

Swathi Doshi

n till u use d bottles u need to sterlise d bottles ..

preeti

Hi Anupriya, it is good to stop bottle feeding and start using glass.

Top Babycare Blogs