Stomach Worms - Home Remedy

Pritesh

Apr 09, 2014

Dear All,   We have a 4yrs old daughter. Since past 3-4months she is eating a lot (hungry almost every 30mns). Initially we were happy that now she is eating well :) and now its concerning. Surfing for information indicates its a sign of worms in the stomach. I believe there could be several kids who have managed to come out of a similar situation with help of their parents. So... any good medicine or a good home remedy? FYI we are outside India hence finding our Indian herbs (e. g. Tulsi, etc) is challenging.   Thanks in advance!

• 4

Pritesh

Do you have pets at your home? No pets, though my daughter loves dogs and she does play with them whenever she sees one. Does she ask for food every 30mins or so and eats her meals well? Yes! She does eat her meals well and keep asking for more to eat in short time. I found below on the internet and will try one before I go for a medicine. • Give 1 cup of grated Carrot in the morning 1 hour before breakfast for 4 to 5 days. • Take 1 tablespoon of raw Papaya juice mixed with 1 teaspoon of honey (shahad) and give this to the child in the morning on an empty stomach. This should be followed by a glass of warm milk mixed with 1 teaspoon of Castor oil. Do this for atleast 2 days. • Make the child to eat a small piece of Jaggery (gudha) after each meal. • Give a piece of Garlic (lehsun) clove a day until the worms are removed. • Grind a fresh coconut finely and mix it directly into some milk or boil it with milk. Give this decoction to the child for about four times in a day. • Take a handful of Pomegranate (anar) leaves, crush them and boil with a glass of milk. Drink half of it early in the morning on an empty stomach and the rest after two hours.

Pritesh

Anurima and Jasmine... thnaks for your reply.

jasmine

hi... my daughter is 3 yrs old n her peadrician hs actually prescribed a medicine for de worming. it is to b given once in a yr. n infact he suggestd tht adults shd also take it once a yr. so, i wud suggest u go n consult a doc.

Dear Pritesh, do you have pets at your home? If yes, then it is recommended to give your daughter a dose of a de-worming medicine once a year. Does she ask for food every 30mins or so and eats her meals well? It could have become a habit. You try and cut down on frequent snacking and ensure that she gets two decent snacks and three meals and observe her appetite then. You may have a read of the following blog on tips on snacking. here is the link https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/let-your-child-snack-healthy/402 If you still suspect it to be stomach worms, then I suggest you speak to the pediatrician and get a prescription for a de-worming medicine. The medicines are usually taken at a gap of 15 days and do not have any side effects. But I urge you to take a prescription medication. I am not aware of any home remedies for treating worms, sorry. Hope this helps.

suffering from fever

can anyone suggest home remedy for 2 years old child suffering from fever...

my periods and weight problem

mujhai c section sai baby hua tha jo ab 13 months ka h laikin after delivery me..

hai my daughter is suffering from cough

suffering from cough from 10 days she's not at all eating the food so please wha..

Breastfeed problem

Mne meri beti ko breastfeed krana 5mnth k baad band ker diya tha. Uske baad milk..

feeder habit

hi my daughter is 2. 5 yrs old but she is not drinking milk without feeder? how..

no teeth

my daughter is 14monts old but till now she has no teeth. what shall I do???

vomiting daily

my baby boy was vomiting daily after food n he is regularly getting infections