Stopped breastfeeding

Chandni

Hi My daughter is 5 months old and she suddenly refused the breastfeeding at 3 n half months of age. I introduced daal water n banana etc after 4 months but now I am worried about her immunity. Will she be strong ? She has caught cold cough and also loose motions for past few days. What can I do to make her healthy and to cope up with the lose of breastfeeding benefits ?

Archana Parmar

Hi chandani, bf is best for baby and should continue giving at least one year to baby. Don't worry and don't give up so early. There are some other ways to give your daughter your breast milk. You can express your milk and mix it with other milk which you are giving her right now. There are many breast pump available in market. You can use it. By adding your milk to her milk the taste will not change to baby and she will not refuse for it. Thus she will gain your milk too. You can start giving home made milk shake and apple puree. Start giving cerelac,suji and ragi kheer. You can also start giving egg yolk (avoid white portion). Cow milk is best for baby. If you want to start giving home made milk shake, you should use cow milk. Amul pasteurized cow milk is also available. Don't give up and don't worry. Happy motherhood.

Chandni

Thanks Nita but I wish I could have read n talked about it long back. Now may be it's too late to start again. It's been almost two months that I have completely stopped breastfeeding. And now baby also doesn't latch on. Is there any other way that I can help my baby have good immune system

Nita Sahni

Hi Chandni! found this blog helpful - http://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/breastfeeding-dont-give-up-so-soon/540

hi my son is 5 months old when did start food and what will taken receipes for h..

baby weight

my girl baby be is 2. 900kg then 45days weight is 4. 00 kg it is normal

feed for baby

can I give wheat roti to my 7 month baby?

Food

My baby is 5 months old. What can I start giving him and what intervals. As I am..

food to eat

hi my son will complete its 6th month on 30 may can u plz tell me what food shou..

suggest food

night food

Hi mommies, My son is 10 months old. Suggest me some easy digestion dinner recip..

vomiting

my baby 7 months old. she taken food that would be vomited all. she taking food..