stories

Suman

Apr 23, 2013

Hello All,   I am here again with my questions. :) . My son is 3. 5 years and he was living with his nani until now. It's been 1 week he is with me. He plays with me ..call me mummy ( which feels like heaven) .. he comes to me for my phone and play games on it and sometimes he ask me to try. Though I am not good at gaming thing.. I play with him ..make funny noises so that he can enjoy with me. As he was with his nani, he didnt get the chance to read books. Now whenever I call him and say for a story and make funny faces but he doesnt listen. How should I develop the reading skill in him?  I know he is very young but I want him to take interest in the books.   All answers would be really appreciated.

• 4

Indu

I am using picture books with my 2 yrs old son and 4 yrs old daughter and they love it .... They both have different taste though and with time they bring their own books with they prefer on that day .... There are some Jumbo books available at Book shops ... which attracts kids a lot.

Suman

Thanks for the replies.. I would read the blogs and would also follow the advice.

Dyuti

I would also suggest you read the following two blogs for some ideas and suggestions. Here they go: 1. https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/the-fun-of-reading-books-with-your-child/203 2. https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/books-you-cannot-miss-for-your-child-till-heshe-is-10-years-old/197

Dyuti

Hi Suman. Your post made me smile :) Really nice to see that both of you are bonding. I have a 4 year old daughter and I know how difficult it can get to keep a toddler occupied. Little children have a very short attention span. So if your son doesnt seem interested in reading a book with you, you need not worry. You could tell him stories when he is having a meal or when giving him a bath. This way he will gradually get used to the idea of listening to stories. Once he takes interest in listening to stories, you could introduce picture books to him. This way he will slowly develop the interest to read. But do give him some time :)

how to stop breastfeeding

how to stop breastfeeding

How to improve Hair Texture?

Hello everyone, my son is 2. 3yrs and his hair is so hard n it looks so bad plea..

thick hair

my son is 1 1/2 years old. any suggestions for a thick hair growth?

stop breast feeding

my child is 1. 4 yr old hpw to stop breast feeding. pks give me suggestions.

breast feeding

hi moms how shall stop my 2yr old from breastfeeding

Folding tongue in mouth

My daughter has completed 2years this june. She has habit of folding her tongue..

rash

hi everyone... my baby is 1. 5 yr old... she is very active... der is only one c..

drink lemon soda

my son is 1 yr 2 months old ,is it safe to give lemon soda to him. ???