Stress on children because of competitive exams

Matteo Chiampo

Dear fellow parents, we are faced with a lot of pressure to enroll our son to Math olympiads at our school. We fear that insisting on competitive exams and math competition at this age could bring about some developmental issues because of the performance anxiety in the child. What is your experience with this? do you have children who went through competitive exams? I would be interested in hearing your opinions and inputs.

• 4

Dear Matteo, each child is different and we as parents should very carefully listen to our children , they let us know in little things they do or say when they are ready and that is when they will accept and acknowledge the extra help that is being given to them . I am sure in good time he will be ready and then you could enroll him in the math olympiad... hope this helps..

Matteo Chiampo

This is the first time my son faces a competitive exam situation. We thought it would have been good to enroll him, but now seeing some of his reactions, we are not so sure anymore....

Matteo Chiampo

This is his first time

Has your son faced a competitive exam before or is this the first time that he is facing an open stage, large scale competition..

schooling

my kid is 3 yrs 7 months old. should i put him in nursery or lkg?

education

which board is preferable for addmission of kids.. ssc ,icsc,cbsc,ig board???

board selection

which board is better. ICSE CBSC or State board

education

my son is about 14 but 9th class... losing interest in studies.... i am worried..

educatin

social activities

BGR Publications

international Publisher

Montessori Preschools in Noida

Hi everyone, I am looking for a good preschool for my daughter which incorporate..

about studies

education and learning