sucking his hand

Created by Lotika R Kalita
Updated on Jun 22, 2017

my son is 4 months old... he always sucks his hand and finger.... should i allow or not?

• 11

Thumb sucking or finger sucking is a habit that goes with time. My son also used to suck his thumb till he was 4 years old. But I always used to take out his thumb Hygienically I used to clean his hands with Mamaearth wet wipes because they are soft and natural. The ingredients are natural and safe on kids.

sucking is not good thing... few days later u will see the shape of finger is little bit thin...

sucking is OK bt sum she may do it when she's hungry. so u need check out that

Hi there, as per my doc... Thumb sucking is a self pacifier for the child... If he does that it is a good thing... Later when kid grows up will know how to pacify self... Let the child do it.... Even after long time if child doesn't stop we use to apply neem oil on all fingers (grany trick) for stopping that habit... Happy parenting

doctors says that sucking fingers or hand, it's a kind of happiness for the babies... so let them be happy,,,

Divert d concentration towards toys or something if dey suck d fingers my suggestion s don't allow to suck

Thats jus a part of exploring finger this phase will pass soon.

thumbsucking is normal in babies and toddlers... and will remain uptill 3-4 years ... and they stop thumbsucking on their own by the age of 4-6... if they don't stop by the age of six years... it indicates some emotional problem with the baby and you can consult a pedodontist to intervene it.

that will be for few days... later they will forget...

he use to suck the mittens alsi

use mittens or give some rattles at that time to avoid...