Sucking thumb at 2 yrs

Neha Mathur

Dear all, My son who has recently completed 2 yrs has started sucking his thumb seeing his elder brother who is 3. 5 yrs old. Along with thumb sucking, he also bites his nails to the extent that sometimes it starts bleeding. No form of counselling or scolding helps. Pls suggest what to do. Regards, Neha

• 3

Hi Neha, I can understand your concern as a mother. However, you may try and talk to your elder son about his thumb sucking habit. Like I said earlier, he may be feeling neglected so need to spend some more time. As for nail biting habit do you have anybody in the family or the house help who bite their nails. Check because children imitate elders and other people. So there is somebody who is unknowingly biting their nails. Hope this helps.

neha mathur

Hi swati, my elder son only sucks thumb. .doesn't bite nails.. The younger one has started sucking thumb seeing his elder Bro and biting nails is a totally new habit out of nowhere...

Hi Neha, Have you tried talking to your elder son about his nail biting habit. Chances are that he is feeling neglected and to get your attention he has started biting his nails. Hence you need to talk to your elder son first. Once your elder son stops biting his nails the younger one will stop on his own. Hope this helps.

my daughters behavior

hi sir/mam, I have another question that my baby is not sleeping well at nit tim..

Stubbornness and Anger

My daughter is just two however she is very stubborn and gets annoyed in seconds..

angry boy

hello friends, my baby boy is 15 mnth suddenly his behaviour are very surprisely..

About baby sitting

Hi mom's... in which month baby's r sitting my little prince is running 9 month..

How I started to enjoy my motherhood

It was 28th of MAY 2015 in Kolkata when I saw my prince(Ànshuu) first at 11:00 a..

agressive

how to make my child cool and calm child

stubborn behaviour

how to tackle this kind of child