Sudden weight gain

Supriya Ravindran

Hi My girl baby is 2months 2weeks old now. Recently i changed to formula due to low milk supply. Earlier her weight was 3. 85 kg. After giving formula within a span of 14 days she gained 650gms. I suspect this is abnormal as i have heard that weight gain of 500 gms per month os normal. Please someone clarify me. Also now her apetite would have increased. Can i reduce her feed or need to maintain the same pace.

Megha Chawla

Supriya You can have a one-on-one with the nutrition expert here http://www.parentune.com/nutritioncorner

Supriya Ravindran

Yeah pooja... im trying to make her more on bf!!!but nowadys she is refusing and keeps on moving her head!! Since her sucking time is reduced my supply is also reduced. most of the time i can feel my breasts soft. Whether pumping sessions will help my improve my supply??

Puja Vasisht

Hi Supriya, The weight gain in first three months is very high. In fact it is 200 grams per week which comes to 800-850 grams per month. Formula milk is higher in calories. With bottle feed, the chances of taking more milk are higher. In breasfeeding there is regulation by means of demand & supply of milk. Hence the higher calories and higher intake of amount would make the weight gain faster. You may give her more breast feeds with one or two formula feeds in a day.

Food other than breastfeed

My doctor said that I can give curd to my child after 5 month and banana after 5..

baby's weight

hi i have 5 months and 15 days old baby girl... now her weight is only 5. 3 kg....

teething

my 6month old seems to be teething. he feels too much of irritation in gums and..

curd

my 6 months old doesn't like curd at all. I tired with salt, rooafza or plain. h..

Frequent potty.

My child 50 days old. she s doing potty many times in a day.. Mainly doing potty..

Problem with making the baby burb

My daughter is 9weeks how can I make her burb after feed??

baby sleeping position

my son always turns right and sleeps even if I pull him to left hewon't and goes..