Suddenly stopped drinking milk

Sonia Talpade

Updated on Jan 20, 2016

My Daughter is 22 months n was drinking milk 3 times a day regularly. But suddenly since 3 days she just refuses to drink. She has been on bottle feed all d while. In between I tried to change by giving her a cup or glass but she refused. I don't know why she's not drinking milk. Dr. Says may be its the teething discomfort. Or try adding Horlicks to the milk. But for that she needs to drink my cup or glass which she doesn't drink. I don't know what to do. Plz help with suggestions or what can be the problem. Thank u.

• 2
Sonia Talpade

Thank u for ur suggestions. I will surely try getting her off d bottle now. I guess it is d right time. I've stopped forcing her. I hope this rejection towards milk is not permanent. :(

Sruthi Patiballa

Hi sonia, don't force her to drink milk. If you force more she may reject milk always. Try giving her milk supplements such as yogurt, milk shakes. Whatever the reason is, this is the time for you to vanish her bottle, because usage of bottle still is not good. Try giving her milk in a cup of her favourite cartoon character, or her favourite colour or something that attracts her. Hope this will help you. Take care