Sugar addition in water and food for 6. 5 month bsby

Nethra Nj

Hi all, my daughter is 6. 5 months old,I have started with semi solids and water, smashed banana, carrot purees, she drinks water only if I add sugar, is that a good to add sugar all the time?? I add in little quantity. I add to carrot puree also. I do give ragi porridge with one pinch of salt. Is that OK?? Please share your opinions

• 5
nethra nj

Thank you dears

Renu Khurana

Hello. Dont give suger. That is not gud for the jealth of babies instead of sugar give mishri water nd especially moti wali jisme thread hota hai wo bahot healthy hoti hai usi ka water nd food me bhi sweatness k lie wahi use karo wo weight bhi increase karti hai nd kafi healthy hoti hai

Debalina Basu

Hi nethra.... its not good to add salt and sugar to baby food. Just try skipping it till 1 yr of baby's age. I know its a challenge in itself. Babies kidneys can't cope the salt and its dangerous for them. Similarly sugar can spoil babies teeth. Babies have a clean palate. They don't know that food can taste better so its better not to make them dependent on salt or sugar. Try to make baby food tasty by natural ingredients. I used to feed my baby apple carrot mix and khichdi with no salt or sugar. She used to love it. She ate 2 bowls of khichdi happily. N water itself is so refreshing. No need to add sugar to feed baby.

nethra nj

Thank you neha

neha chandna

A pinch of salt is ok but pls dnt add any sugar in water. Water is a rich source of minerals. Let ur baby have them in its original form. Also she is vry young to have extra sugar or salt added to her food.