Swaddling Habit

Dr Mittal

Knowing Benefits Of Swaddling. M swaddling my Boy Kahaan (who is now 3 months old) everytime he sleeps. I noticed that Swaddling is got into habit of him now. He wont sleep till being swaddled. As soon as Swaddled is removed or lossened up, he wakes up. Still he has startled reflex. How long will swaddling be required. He isnt rolling sideways so issues yet. But just concerned when he starts rolling in sleep too,i cant swaddle him.. Any ideas to get out of this habit?Me being a new first time MOM will be obliged if i get some useful tips.

• 7

somythyagarajan

I swaddled my twin boys until they were 4 months later they dint want it anymore n used to push away. So don't worry your boy will outgrow it

Dr Mittal

Thanks MOMS for letting me get rid of this little issue i was concerned about. It maaters to me.

Dr Mittal

Thanks Bhavna for ur help... And Niti thanks for sharing ur baby's samiliar habit. Just was concerned as baby starts to roll.. i think i need to use the swaddle cloth than Swaddle wrap to let him out his hands by himself.. Me using the Summer's Swaddle Me.. Dont see any scope that it gets loosened. http://www.summerinfant.com/nursery/swaddling/resources

Niti Jain

Dr Mittal, my baby is 8. 5 months and still likes to be swaddled. i have tried to get rid of this habbit but she immediately goes off to sleep when i swaddle and sleeps much longer and peacefully without getting startled. even though she rolls around the entire cot we swaddle as soon as she is sleepy and then by morning her hands are out and she has moved all round in the cot.

hey dr. mittal, enjoy while your baby is swaddled and sleeps without moving because before you know it , he will want to explore the world and you will wish for the time when he slept still with out moving :-).... anurima is right he will outgrow the swaddling on his own..

Dr Mittal

Thanks Anurima. Hope this habit will vanish.. For a time being enjoying watching my baby sleep peacefully being swaddled.

Dear Dr. Mittal. There is no fixed age until when babies can be swaddled or not. It varies from child to child. It is a habit which they outgrow on their own. So when your son begins to roll, he may gradually outgrow his need to be swaddled as the cloth will come off anyways once he moves. I dont think you should worry about it now as he is too little. You could try holding him tight and putting him to sleep. Once he falls asleep, you could put him in his cot and see how long he sleeps that way. Babies love routines and schedules, so go ahead and make a routine for him so that bedtimes dont become something everyone in the house stresses about as he grows. Hope this helps :)

water

hi my son is 8 mnths old and he s nt at al drinking water. he s just spiting. sp..

Diet

Hi all!! Kindly help me with the the diet of my 4 years old gal..

sugar levels for feeding moms

Hi my baby is 3 months old. I am breast feeding him and also giving him Nan Pro..

hye. my baby is 10 months old.. she does..

how to make baby on crawling

Sitting problem

My baby boy is 11 month old and he is not able to sit and he looks at the light..

My two month old son stopped breastfeedi..

as a mother I feel terrible about it... I don't exactly understand the reason....

can I use regestrone tablet if I am brea..

can I use regestrone tablet if I am breast feeding