Sweets and dessert - junk or not junk?

Matteo Chiampo

ok, this is something i am sure all of you have struggled with, at one time or another. Should sweets and desserts be treated in the same league as junk food? They often have low nutritional content. The sugar content is above indicated saily doses, especially for children. They may contain coloring ingredients and synthetic flavor enhancers. But.... every children love them! You have been asked multiple times to have a candy or a sweet before sitting down for a meal. Woudl you pick this fight with your children, or just give in and supply the sweets?

• 3

I do treat sweets, chocolates and desserts as junk food and eating chocolate is like a once a week treat which I enjoy with my kid to celebrate friday evenings. However, when he was little, he got this habit of munching on cream biscuits along with his meals. So he does have a sweet tooth and looks for sweets after meals. So I cut down on the supply of cream biscuits.. and interestingly as these kids grow, they become conscious of their diet, their weight.. from what they learn at school and from what their peers say to them. So, the problem of excess has taken care of itself and we guiltlessly enjoy our weekly chocolate and dessert treats.

nicole menezes

my kids are allowed one or two bits of candy only after lunch on most days. Seems to work ok for us.

hey matteo , everything in moderation is ok and excess of anything is bad... so as and when the time requires you can change your stance on sweets and desserts but they are kids afterall....

I'm 3week6 days pregnant I want to know what items dont eat in this time plz he..

want to reduce my weight

after my delivery i cant lose my weight.. if i take green tea or in diet it affe..

about baby boy food

what should i gave to my 4 month old baby boy

breastfeeding

nipple doesn't come out. pls help

mixie grinding

hi my son s 1 year nw i used to stem and grind the apple in mixie bt some r sayg..

Cerelac

My baby is 8 months Old . I am very confused, which flavor of cerelac is good fo..

cow milk

My son is 9 months old,I started giving cow milk daily along with combination of..

my daughter 2yrs 9months old.. she is a..

my daughter 2yrs 9months old.. she is active but very low weight just gained 10..