TV watching

Monika

Hi parents, can anyone suggest how do I divert my son’s mind from cartoons? He is addicted to Doraemon, Shinchan, and other cartoons. He will turn 6 this year. Please advise.

• 3

DrMonica Lall

I had a similar issue, but i fixed the time for each and everything. For example: Time allocated to the child for lunch was 30 min ( and during this time no TV) and if she did not finish i use to pick up the plate from the table and tell her time got over and snacks will be avialble after 2 hours. In between she has to go to play in the park for 1 hour. Similarly, TV time was fixed for Saturday and Sunday that too for 1 hour each day. During the week, i use to take out all TV connections and for a month i also did not watch the TV (we have just 1 TV at home). About 10 days were very tough. Gradually she has reduced watching cartoons. Now during the week when i switch on the TV (when she is awake) its for watching news or National Geographic Regards, Dr. Monica Lall (Orthodontist)

Meenambigai Rajesh

Hi Monica, I showed this parent talk to my 10 yr old son and asked what shall I write to this. He suddenly said 'Amma ask that aunty to allow his son to watch how much ever cartoons he wish, it's the best time pass. ' This is the mindset of kids these days. There must be a limit to everything. U can put him in some physical activity class three days a week or in weekends. Weekend only, the t. v time is so much for kids. If it is more than one hour I switch off the t. v strictly. In weekends u can take the kids to park and spend some time with them there. Going to malls or a one day picnic will divert them from cartoons. Swimming classes has helped my son to keep away from t. v. He enjoys a lot there and after he comes home he is tired and just finishes his homework and goes to bed early. Also playing indoor games has reduced our t. v time. Cards, ludo , carrom , chess etc can bring the kids closer to us and also they laugh and enjoy a lot. Hope this helps!

evening snkas

please suggest some evening healthy snacks. my boy 3. 7 years old at this age..

Acclimitization problem

My son has started his Junior KG and is 3 years and 4 months old. In the afterno..

my daughter is 5 year she is smart learn..

my kiddo wants watch TV all time

बच्चों में गुस्सा करने की प्रवित्ति को क..

मेरा बच्चा बहुत चिड़चिड़ा हो जाता है और गुस्सा करता है...

My Child is very good in doing aasnas bu..

Child doesnot do pranayam and meditation

How handle the situation

my son is 5. 7 yrs old and i used to make him to play daily in the evening once..

Ways to deal with the anxiety of passing..

As a father I sometimes intrigued about the ways I could sincerely work towards..

Meri beti ko 4 month complete hogayi he kya me use vegetables boil karke de sakt..