Two year old - Not biting/chewing his food

Mona

My two year old son is not biting/chewing his food.. He always wants his food to be mashed well and Fed.. If I try giving him solid/finger foods he either spits it out or the food gets choked and throws up.. Everyone is blaming me for it as I mash his food and feed.. I'm worried please help..

• 6
Mona

Thanks a lot Shika, Aarti & Rhea.. I'll surely implement all ur tips ???? I'm already feeling so positive after hearing from u all.. Thanks again for your support.. ????????

Rhea Gupta

Hi Mona, it seems like your child has reached the terrible twos behavior! If your son likes mashed food, try to switch it up by giving him softer, whole foods that are like mashed foods- banana, curd rice, khichidi and some soft boiled vegetables. Shikhas suggestion of having a plate for yourself when he eats will also help him learn how to chew. If you are worried about your baby's weight as he is not eating much, try giving him a natural probiotic like Econorm. Econorm helps with digestion, increases weight and helps boost immunity. It comes in a yummy tutti frutti flavor!

I would suggest put him in play school whn observe other kids eating... he will start... they exact same case with my son..... whn i put him school... he himself used to ask for banana. other things to eat. Dont make it work for him. Kids starts hate the food.

Hi Mona! It is not an uncommon Behavior. U could start afresh. Take each day at hand and progress slowly. Start giving chewable food like chocos, munchies, slices of fruits like apple, strawberries, banana. Start adding variety to food by making soft items like rawa upma, poha, dosa,idli. While serving solid food it is advisable to keep the size of bite small so that it doesn't choke. While he is eating u could show him how Mmuma chews. Have a plate for yrself too and eat with the child. U could keep reminding him how it is to be chewed. Once he starts liking the taste of things, he would not spit. Do not give up and keep trying. And no matter what others have to say, u know u r doing yr best and want the best for yr child.