Unable to walk or crawl or sit for long

Thanu

Mar 08, 2013

Hello,   My son is 1 year old he neither crawls, nor stand without support nor walks or sit for long am so worried is this normal , all other activities are fine i feed him gud healthy foods .

• 5

Radhika Thombre

Hi! Thanu, My twin daughters are 15 months. elder one started walking at 1 year. at 15 months younger one is still walking with support. Doc says some children start late. dont worry. Try a walker. maybe it will help.

Radhika Thombre

Puja

Hi! I know it can be worrisome when kids don't do things that so called milestones suggest. I have one query, is your son carried or held on the lap for long periods. With my kids I found that if I carried them most of the time. they weren't very interested in trying to get around on their own. Also if you are still worried then you should have a chat with the pediatrician. Take care.

Hi Thanu. My son is one year old and doesnt stand or attempts to walk either. He sits and moves around on his bottom!Do not stress yourself as most children reach milestones at their own pace. Indu has suggested a good way to encourage your son to move about. Try them and dont worry :)

Indu

I think you should wait for some more time and not to worry much, it is normal for some babies to take long to take first step. My nephew is 8 months and doesn't want to even sit .. but its fine. Every child has his / her own pace for meeting milestones. My daughter had started walking when she was 1 yr and 1 month (13 months) and that was such a delight view .... so wait... Summer is approaching so now u can start giving him some floor time and let him explore around while sitting or making some support. You can try to spread his favorite toys at floor or bed few steps away from him and let him try to reach ...

talking baby

my daughter two and half year old not talking continuously, she talks one two or..

shouting and crying

he is 2. 5yr old and just started to go school.. within a month he had started s..

Speech

Hiee.. my baby is 1 year 8 months now and she dont speak much.. she harldy utter..

baby has become irritable

my son has started throwing everything he is having in his hand just on refusal..

Baby slp

Hi... My baby is 2years old... She is very active... She cannot sit and play,she..

Not talking child

My son is 2 yrs n 9 months still is not able to talk yet ...He is able to speak..

prsnl

Hllo meri beti 2. 2yrs old ki he bt abhi tk pii and poo k bare me nhi btati pa..