Urinating overnight on bed

Renuka Vijay

Hi Everyone, My 3. 6 yrs old daughter is urinating overnight on bed. I don't whether if it is common at this age or i am bothered too much. Earlier I used to give her milk before sleeping. I stopped ,after my friend suggested me not to do so. Now i am giving her before going to school. She takes lots of water and indeed we No need to remind her to drink. If i ask her to reduce water intake in the evening, i am worried if it might dehydrate her overnight. Pls help me with some tips. Maybe it helps me for sort her problem.

• 10
Renuka Vijay

Thanks everyone for ur suggestions and tips. We never scold/scare her. I feel she is forgetting. But i will try the prize strategy. May be it will work. thank u once again. will update u all on the results

Renuka Vijay

Hi,

M

I forgot to mention "scaring the child" for sending him/her to bed. Pls dont do that as I have made that mistake too with my son.

M

I had this problem with my 5 year old son in between when i used to scold him too much. Also I made a routine wherein I would wake him up in the middle of the night and take him to the loo. That helped. Also check if the room temperature is too low. In winters u can give "til" before sleeping.

my daughter is 4 yrs now. she wud once in a week do bed wetting n tht wud be when either she's toooo tired and has been running around since morning or did not use washroom before going to bed. she's too reluctant to use washroom before going to bed. i literally have to praise her, tell her stories, n do all sorts of things to make her use it. n next day in d morning when she does not do bedwetting i praise her n she's tooo happy n may be this further gives her d motivation. child going thru some emotional problem could also be one of the causes of bedwetting but one needs to look for other signs too to reach any sort of conclusion.

Top Child Psychology and Behaviour Blogs