Viral Diarrhea

Deepti Singh

Updated on Jun 22, 2013

Dear Feelow Parents,   My daughter is suffering with diarrohea for last 7 days with a little improvement. Diagnosed by doctor as Viral diarrohea. Does any fellow mothers faced the same and can you please tell how many days it goes on. I am worried as she is going thin.   Deepti

• 6

Dhanya Menon

Hi Deepti,

Shruti Chhabra

There is nothing much u can do about this, except for keeping your baby hydrated and keeping the fever down (if any)the viral bug will take its tym. Just make sure the kid is eating whatever little he/she can.

Deepti Singh

hey M i am very worried, so what was your treatment option

M

My son had this problem very regularly. It used to go on for upto 10-12 days.

Hi Deepti! u need to chk whether the medicine u r giving is effective or not. 7 days diarrhoea mite leave the child dehydrated.. so u need to give her ORS after every half an hour. dont give plain water, the child mite vomit. or u can give shikanji, limca etc. to ur child. Pls chk the kind of food u r giving to the child. It shd not be solid nor it should be rich in fiber like salads, papaya, etc, avoid apple juice, milk etc. or any other eatable which is concentrated with calories. It shd be soft n easily digestible by the child. U can give her khichri,banana, curd,boiled rice water, pomegranate juice as home remedies. If ur child is on breastfeed please increase the intake it will help boost her immunity n cut down top feed. As u c improvement slowly u can move on to semi solid and solid diet.

Dyuti

Dear Deepti, 7 days of diarrhoa is a long time for a child. Is she on medication? Please keep her well hydrated and rested. If you do not see any improvement, you may consult with the doctor again. Also, please read the following blogs on some suggestions for cases of stomach bug and sehydration. Here are the links 1- https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/gastroenteritis-in-children/222 2- https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/dehydration-in-children/212 Hope she feels better soon.

baby immunity

how to increase baby immunity? my baby got fever in gap of 2 weeks for 3,4 days..

How to stop passing toilet in the bed

I have 2 boy kid's (2years & 4years). both are passing urine in the bed wheneve..

Daily egg yolk

Is it safe to give daily one egg yolk to a 16 months old baby in dinner? Please..

sweating

my baby sweats alot.. wat to do?

baby head banging

my baby bangs her head in wall when she is angry how to stop her

baby food nd behaviour

mera beta 2sal 5mahine ka hai vo koi bhi sbji nhi khata hai kya kru ki vo sbji..

sleeping

hello how make my two months son sleep long at all night