Vit. D3 defeciency

Shruti Saluja

My daughter is 10yr. old. she was complaining me abt the pain in her joints & other body parts from 2 mths. I took her to an orthopaedic. He asked me to get her blood tested for calcium, alkaline phosphorus & vit. d(25 oh). The result was calcium is 8. 7mg & po4 is normal & vit. d is 7. 2(which is very low) Then the ortho prescribed to give her vit. d3 sachet twice a week for a mth & the once in a week for 6 weeks +1 gemcal in a day Pls. eecommend

• 2

Sneha Kotak

Hi shruti... vit D deficiency is very commonly seen in kids of this generation because of the lack of out door activities and increased exposure of kids to computer games which leaves them with minimal sun exposure. vit d deficiency in the long run affects almost each and every system of the body. So if detected early,please treat it. There is no harm is no harm in giving the sachets as prescribed but make sure that she gets enough sun exposure so that it doesn't recur in future. For any more queries,please feel free to contact me at drsneha231@yahoo. com

Hi Shruti, if the doctor has recommended Vitamin D you should start on it. Vit D deficiency has become very common in India these days and has life long impact on child's health. So please do not delay.

abt protein

hw to give full vitamins nd protein to 8 yrs old baby so tht d baby can't feel p..

Weight gaining

Hi ! I have a 8 years old son whose weight is just 23 Kgs. Could you please sugg..

worried about her lean physique

my daughter 7 yrs earlier she had good physique not so thin but since2-3 months..

weight gain

shristy ka weight uski age ke hisab se jyada hai kya karu

weight loss

7yrs n 6 mnths

weight loss

mera beta 7 .6 mnth ka hai uska weight 30 kg hai kese or kya kru

regarding height

my daughter has 11 years old and height is 4. 8ft. she suffers the problem of pe..