Waening from Diaper

Divya

I am trying my best to wean my son from Diapers. Though he knows that he needs to do Potty, he insists on doing it only on Diapers. Any ideas?

• 6

Radhika

You may add a reward with the potty seat. Your 2 and 1/2 is big enough to understand what you are saying. You may ask him to sit on the pot seat untill you say so & if he does that he would be rewarded with one of his fav things !!

Divya

Heis 2 and 1/2. I am a working mother and I try all that is said whenever i am athome with him. But still he makes it a fuss to go sit on the pot. The Potty i got him is just a play thing for him...

Priyanka

Hi, my son is one and a half year old.. I don't make him wear diapers at home, and even I get to know that he is abt to do it, he cries if i make him sit on the pot or take him to the toilet. Any solution... ?

Dear Divya , Potty training is a very important transition in a child's life , before i can advise you , i would like to know how old is your son ? Also how long has it been since you started his potty training??

Hi Diyya. I too would like to know how old your son is. He is comfortable doing in it the diaper since that is how it has been since birth. Have you tried using pull up diapers or pants for him? Maybe once you realize that he wants to do potty, you can take him to the toilet immediately and make him sit there till he does. The key is consistency. Please try to take him to the toilet at regular intervals and he will also learn from accidents. Another thing that may help is not putting diapers for him at home, only pants and after a few accidents, he will automatically try to control and use the toilet. My daughter learnt this way :)

Radhika

How old is your son ?

does not interact with unknown persons

my baby 1. 5 year old loves to stay only with family members mummy papa n granpa..

Weight gain

Tricks for same

My daughter is 2 yrs 7 months old

my daughter is 2 yrs and 7 months old and I put her into preschool. from the day..

my 3yr old son is very crying

hi all.. my son is 3yr old.. he is always crying in every moment s.. is this nor..

behavior

MY daughter does not play with other games, always needs phone... I'm worried ho..

eating habits

my lityle girl is 2 years old.. but still does nt chew foods very often.. and a..

Nothing to eat and vomiting one tym

Hiiii... Momies... Plz suggest... My 19 month old baby not eating anything since..

How to increase weight of my baby.

My baby is 16 months old. She is underweight. She has less appetite. Please tell..