Walking-One Year Old

Charanjot

Jul 04, 2013

My LO is one year and a week old and has not started walking on her own.   She stands, crawls and cruises holding furntiture for a minute or so.   She weighs 11. 2 kgs.   On our recent visit to paed we were informed that her leg muscles are weak (thought nothing to worry) and she may recommend us to some occupataional therapist for some exercised to be done at home.   a) has anyone come across this situation? b) is it normal? I understand every baby/toddler has his/her own milestones. I hope nothing to worry.... Note: We have decided not to give her walker, and want her to start walking on her own without any aid.  

• 6

Charanjot

Thanks mommies :)

my son started walking 1. 2.. even my son before crawling started walking with holding furniture in 7 months or so...... but i wud suggest u to massage his legs everday.... if possible with almond oil... it really helps.. its give streght to bones n muscles... n give gud amt of calcium(as required for him). s'times the reason is s'thing else... n tk it casually. As my son did walk 1. 2yrs once some guest came to house n started playing with him with remote car... so whnever he reahes to catch the car.... he forward the car further... even my son didnt realise whn he started walking... in one day... So s'times some kind of motivation is required for the child. All the best.

Darshita Chheda

My son too started walking in the 13th month although he was cruising away holdin furniture since 10th month

Neha Netragaonkar

My son started walking wen he ws 1. 4

Dear Charamjot. My son is 16 and a half months and still not walking independently! I had posted a similar question on parent talk a few weeks back. One year is still early, most children walk after they cross their first birthdays. Since your daughter is already cruising, she may feel confident to take her first steps soon. Do not worry :) I would also suggest against a walker as they do not help develop the thigh muscles normally. I guess you could continue with the exercises as recommended by the doctor and massage your daughters legs at bath time. Other than that, keep the camera charged and ready to capture her first steps.. it will happen suddenly :)

Deepti Singh

Hi, My daughter actually started walking when she was one an half. So please don't worry. I mean i was the least worried one in my family. And if your daughetr is standing then how can her muscles be weak. Don't worry and my doc said its normal if kid can walk up to one an half.

my 17th months baby don't eat anything

hi, everyone my baby girl is 17th months old now and she doesn't eat anything. w..

what should I cook for them

food and nutrition

Eating problem

Hiii I I have a baby boy he is 2 years old he is nothing to have what can I do f..

Feeding

Hello I have a girl she s 1yr and 3 months old and still she prefers breastingfe..

regarding food

my daughter doesn't want to eat anything. pl suggest

travelling

hi momies plz suggest which powered milk is good for 1. 6. year child while trav..

no breastfeeding

my son is one year old and he has stopped showing interest in breast milk. as a..

ragi

from where I can get ragi