Water to 9th month old

Sojal

I have a 8 month old baby girl. It is so hot in Delhi that I am tempted to feed her a few sips of water. Is it okay if I do that? She takes semi solid food but no grains.

• 5
manisha bahuguna

After 6 months one should start giving water to their baby. Doctors also recommend this. And in such a hot weather pls do give water to your little one otherwise it will cause dehydration. Feed her more and more water. Because in Too much hot weather body loses sweat and if you will not give your little one water to drink then her body will be dehydrated, which will further cause constipation. So pls feed her water as much as you can.

Dear Sojal, you can get your baby a sippy cup suitable for babies from 6 or 9 months onwards. They do not drip and are easy for a baby to drink from. Please do give her water and keep the sippy cup ready with fresh water for her to ask for :)

Parul

I used to give my son one or two teaspoons of water after his meal, but it was boiled and cooled milk. My son was okay but I also think check with the doctor first.

Sneha

Sojal After six months of age one should definitely start giving water to babies and its a must in this hot weather. You could buy a sipper for your baby and keep feeding him water in regular intervals.

Hi Sojal Pls refer to this blog- https://www.parentune.com/parent-blog/10-food-myths-for-infants-demystified/230