Health and Wellness Food and Nutrition

Waxy apples

hi friends, there is a post that keeps coming up on facebook about apples having a waxy coating to make them appear shiny. This morning, I scraped a shiny (and much expensive) apple with a knife and a layer of a white substance did come off on the knife. Though it wasn't  as much in quantity as is shown in the pictures, however was enough to worry me.   After trying to rub and wash it off, I eventually decided to do away with the peel itself.   Just wanted to share with fellow mums..    

• 5

Yes thts the truth all shiny apples are used wax for long storage purposes... I always peal before giving my son.

Savio Mascarenhas

Hi Neetu, Thanks for sharing this info. We will surely watch out.

Shanaya

Oh, never tried that. thanks for sharing :)

Hey Neetu, I remember reading this somewhere too. To unsuspecting people shiny apples looks healthier and tastier. I will make sure to check the apples with a knife too, then wash and wipe them dry before eating. Thanks for sharing this tip.

thanks neetu , i guess my obsession with cleaning and double cleaning the fruits helped i tried the same thing at home and thankfully the appeles were ok... but i am going to watch out for the waxy coating in the future

worried for periods

had c section n my periods came now after 8 months. but it's been 14 days n blee..

weight loss

peanut butter ia good in weight loss or not

yoga after pregnancy

its my normal delivery. after what duration of delivery can i start yoga??

hi what should we not eat during pregnan..

foids to avoid during pregnancy

which type of protein powder can a lacta..

I m a mother of two children... very bsy so not able to take a healthy diet.. pl..

Food

My baby is 11 months old. He is bored of eating purees ,may I start giving him l..

diet

I m breastfeeding mother plzz suggest me rigyt diet for me .. I lost my weight.