Health and Wellness Food and Nutrition

Waxy apples

Mar 29, 2013

hi friends, there is a post that keeps coming up on facebook about apples having a waxy coating to make them appear shiny. This morning, I scraped a shiny (and much expensive) apple with a knife and a layer of a white substance did come off on the knife. Though it wasn't  as much in quantity as is shown in the pictures, however was enough to worry me.   After trying to rub and wash it off, I eventually decided to do away with the peel itself.   Just wanted to share with fellow mums..    

Yes thts the truth all shiny apples are used wax for long storage purposes... I always peal before giving my son.

Savio Mascarenhas

Hi Neetu, Thanks for sharing this info. We will surely watch out.

Shanaya

Oh, never tried that. thanks for sharing :)

Hey Neetu, I remember reading this somewhere too. To unsuspecting people shiny apples looks healthier and tastier. I will make sure to check the apples with a knife too, then wash and wipe them dry before eating. Thanks for sharing this tip.

thanks neetu , i guess my obsession with cleaning and double cleaning the fruits helped i tried the same thing at home and thankfully the appeles were ok... but i am going to watch out for the waxy coating in the future

cow milk

My son is 9 months old,I started giving cow milk daily along with combination of..

Digestion

how to identify whether the food digested or not for babies

milk issue

u can give curd or dark buttermilk to ur baby either to milk it is medically pro..

periods after c section delivery

hello everyone, i had delivered a baby 5 months ago, after operation i got perio..

my daughter 2yrs 9months old.. she is a..

my daughter 2yrs 9months old.. she is active but very low weight just gained 10..

menstural period after c-section

I want to know when vl my period return after c-section. Almost 6months complet..

Ragi dosa

please share the recipe of ragi dosa. tried many times but it sticks to the grid..

my baby is 9months old. can u give buttermilk to my son in this hot summer.