weight gain

Lipsa Lopamudra Parija

Updated on Feb 03, 2017

my baby is 1. 4 years now his weight is 9. 8 kg.... his birth weight was 2. 8 kg ..... I m worried about his weight he is not at all gaining weight .... what to do???

• 7
Ruhul Saad

Hi Lipsa, looking plumpy and gaining weight doesn't mean that a baby is healthy. 9kgs is okay for a 1. 4 years old. You just have to be sure that the pulse rate, heartbeat rate are normal in your baby. Sometime due to physical activities of a baby they sweat and burn their fats and is one of the reasons the weight doesn't increase as per our expectations. Otherwise all is good. Take care.

Priyanka Pushkar Tiwari

hi lipsa even my son has the same prob .. he is 1. 2 years and just 9. 2 sunce last three months ... i even feel low when others comment .. but on seeing his activities and hyper activeness i feel happy .. increase potatoes , sweet potatoe, paneer and ghee in his diet.

Lomini Nahata

hi lipsa. ignore people commenting. they always have something to comment. just take care of child, if he's active and happy, nothing to worry about.

Lipsa Lopamudra Parija

thnx every1 for ur support... bt when family members r commenting abt my baby at that time I feel very low .....

Dr Sweta Singh

lipsa y r u worrying dear. your child is doing so fine. just take care him to be heathy weight is not the a parameter of heathy child. second year children generally gain weight on slower pace. so nothing to think about.

Anshul Dhanda

yes lipsa your baby is perfectly fine. infact my two year old daughter is 10 kg. she was 2. 8 at her birth time.

puloma pandey

hii Lipsa .. ur baby's weight is pwrfectly fine .. 1 + child should be 9. 2 -9. 5 kg

Top Food and Nutrition Blogs