What to do?

Surabhi Chatterjee

Apr 25, 2014

My son often has phases when he will do the opposite of what I ask him to do. How to curb this?

• 2

I agree with Neha here. If he intentionally ignores you, then you may ignore his actions too. Pointing it out or making a big deal out of what he is doing wrong may tempt him to do more. WHen he sees that you are not interested or no one is paying attention, he is likely to stop. Could you elaborate on what he does? Such as an instance or action? Thanks!

Neha

Hi Surabhi, I'll suggest that in such phases, you should stop asking him to do anything and become quiet. Later, when you feel that he is in a decent mood, you should ask him to do the things you asked him earlier. Make sure that he does what he is asked to do. In case he refuses to listen to you even then, you'd have to talk it out with him when he is in a better mood. Please ensure that he is aware of your sentiments when it comes to his behavior in such phases. If dealt with a little strictly, I'm sure you'll be able to overcome this problem. Cheers

my son over reacts to everything

Whenever my son is with other children he becomes less agreeable and makes faces..

active child

when my child play make a noise and we go outing he run a lot

behaviour

hi my son name s atharv he s 3. 9 yrs.... he s very naughty in home... but outsi..

Child Behaviour

Hello friends My 5 year old is very hyperactive always he fight with others chil..

Gender description to the children

when we observe that our little one start thinking that their is somewhat which..

Poty training

My 3 year old boy has attained bladder control and doesn't need diaper even for..

Taking a bath or dressing up infront of..

This has been a constant question in the back of my mind since a few years now!..

How to keep kid engaged?

Hi, can someone share how to to keep 4 year old girl engaged at home.. toys do n..