Whether day care is the right option for a child or a care t

Janhavi Deshpande

I used to drop my baby at a day care. He used to love the place and became friends with other kids. But then he started catching infection frequently so I stopped sending him there. Now when he's at home, he wants me to be around all the time and if I keep on doing some household work, he becomes sad!

• 3
Aanchal

Hi Janhavi, if you can provide a enough stimulating environment for the child at home, someone to play with him, keep him busy, take care of his mealtimes, then I think it is okay to keep him at home. but if it is just a maid you will be trusting him to, then think for a daycare. maids are unreliable and teach children things such as don't tell mom etc.. not nice at all.

Rachna

Janhavi Deshpande, in my experience, I find a daycare better in all respects for the child--child learns social skills, being away from home, defending for himself, and there are so many things he will do there are compared to sitting at home, watching TV or getting scolded for coming in everyone's way. About infections, the first time your child will get exposed to a school or daycare, whether at the age of 3 or 4, he is bound to catch infections etc. This will slowly settle as he grows older and builds him immunity. as long as there is no serious health issues, i dont think you need to worry. alternatively you can check with your paediatrician too for an immunity building supplement. hope htis helps.