white boil on nipple

Suchita Neogi

Updated on Jun 05, 2017

hi all.... I have a 6 month old baby boy n I breastfeed him. for last one month I have developed a small white boil on my right nipple. after every feed I feel a burning sensation in my right nipple n in breast also. also when by baby is feeding he just bites on that. applying nipcare BT it subside fr some time n again after feeding it starts. plz suggests what to do

• 5
Suchita Neogi

thanx Bhavna.... will surely try

Bhavna Bhatnagar

I too suffered with the same for some time. This will keep happening as baby keeps feeding , but ya mama earth nipple butter helped me. It's available online. Give it a try

Suchita in this case please check if he is latching properly and also with a slight change in positioning of the baby , u may feel better. please consult your doc regarding ice packs or moist heat treatment which can make u feel better and relieve the pain .

Suchita Neogi

thanks Shikha... the worry is it is about to b one month. it subside n again it starts. it may b bcoz my son may b starting wid d teeth n biting very hard n stretching d nipple. I also feel its d blocked duct. I consulted my doc. she said to have antibiotic since it can b an infection. I m taking fr last 3 days BT that burning sensation still persists. so wanted to knw if someone have faced this problem or nt

hi Suchita Neogi! I can understand it could be very painful for u .it could be a blocked duct with thickened milk and needs to be drained . please consult your gyneac regarding the same . it might also require an antibiotic to heal in case it's infected. tkcare!

Top Health and Wellness Blogs