White spots on cheek

Neha Dayal

Updated on Oct 13, 2015

Hi, My baby is 1. 2 yes old and she has recently developed a white patch on both her cheeks. It's not on the skin but looks like some deficiency.. She has about 25 ounces of milk daily and has a cube of cheese. It's not causing her any discomfort as well.. I wanted to know if someone else has also observed such a thing before on babies and if I need to see a doctor? Thanks Neha

• 3
Neha Dayal

Thanks guys... Lot comforting after reading your comments.. Maybe iron as my daughter is not a good eater.. She typically is on milk and doesn't like solids that much.. I'll take her to the doctor and have it checked as well..

Ramya Sundaram

My elder one also had it when she was 1. It cleared on its own. But I suspect it as iron deficiency. Do check with doctor to find exactly what is the deficiency.

Srinivas

I observed similar mark on only 1 side but it disappeared in 1-2 months without doing any thing. May be some food intake but not sure.

Top Food and Nutrition Blogs