Work and life balance!

Padmavathy Murugan

Dear Mommies, Being working mother, I have too much things to work with before start my regular schedule. My baby is 3 months old and I will return to work before he completes 5th month. I'm unsure what I should feed or keep him full and when do I have to start with other foods.. Though I'm gonna take a call with his pediatrician but I would like get some suggestions as there are other ppl who will be facing the same issue. And I had to work, having no option and I need to stay away from my baby for 12 hours a day.. How can I plan it? I have to take care of the family and the baby which is more prior :(

• 4

Archana Prasanth

Hi... I am a doctor cum mom of my 5 month baby and will be returning to work anytime. I know being a doctor that exclusive breast feeding for mandatory.... but its not practical for some people like me.. who have to do night duties like me. so I started my little one on complementary feed.. so that even if he doesn't have enough milk in my absence something nutritious goes to him. I started Gerber organic single cereal oatmeal with milk.. and my son is doing well with it. it's bit costly but damm good weaning food. available only on e-bay website.

Gss Himabindu

Hi... My baby is in her third month I need to get back to work in her 5th month... My pediatric has told me to practice feeding and storage of breast milk in bottle... So I have started it. In the night and early in the morning I breast feed her directly... Through the day I bottle feed her... So far so good... You should consult your pediatric immediately and follow the procedure immediately... Avent Philips manual breast pumps are good which am using right now.... But if u can afford u can go for electric breast pumps in Philips. Hope this helps u.

Namrata

I am under the same dilemma! My baby is also 3 months and i need to join back work in next 2 months. My peadiatrician has advised only breastfeeding till 6 months. Im not sure if expressing milk will sustain throughout the day or should i try formula at this stage to check if my baby digests it.

gayatri chadwa

Hi.. can understand your dilema.. Usually its preferrable if you only breastfeed the baby til 6 months.. so if your baby is exclusively on breastfeed you can continue so by expressing milk using a breastpump... You can freeze the milk or refrigerate it and whoever takes care of the baby can feed him that. Also take the advice of your peds.. incase you wish you can start with formula..

Baby sleeping continuously

My baby is 3 months old. Now a days he is sleeping more during the night (almost..

weight gain

my baby is 2. 5 month old.. she is 3. 950 kg.. her weight is not according to he..

sucking his hand

my son is 4 months old... he always sucks his hand and finger.... should i allow..

Regarding nodding head & teething

Hi. my baby is 11 months old & she always nods her head constantly side by side..

regarding breast milk.

hello mummies .my milk is nt sufficient for my baby .im.mother of 25 days old b..

Head Control

My baby boy has completed 5 mth n still he is not able to control his head.... h..

diapers usage

My daughter is 2 months old.... I use diapers at night but I want to know is it..

diet

hi... can anyone suggest diet schedule for 6mnt baby. (how many times,consistenc..