Yellow discharge from the eyes of the lil one !!

Isha Mudgil

Updated on Jan 29, 2016

My 4 months baby's eye has outer rim red and some yellow discharge is coming out of it. This makes her eye look smaller and watery ...and in the morning this discharge dries which makes her eye lashes stick together ... I use cotton dipped in warm water to clean her eyes... Why this happens ??? Anyone ??? And what can be done ???

• 3
Isha Mudgil

Thanks Pooja.... I was lil worried ... Even I have tried putting some of breast milk drops in her eyes..... Heard its a great medicine for nose ,eyes and throat.

Pooja

N jus keep cleaning the eyes with warm water. Nothing else. .

Pooja

Hi isha. I have the same tearing and watery eyes for my baby right from her birth. When I checked with ped, he told the tear ducts are not matured enough for some babies thus leading to blocked ducts. He told to massage by pulling out the nose giving pressure on the tear ducts. By 6 months, watering n discharge vl reduce and be fine. For my daughter it has reduced drastically but not fully. Still when she wakes up yellow discharge is there n her eyelashes gets stuck n eye lids too stuck but has reduced. Just make sure baby doesn't rub eyes. Hope I got ur question cleared. Happy parenting :)