5 Quick Made Summer Snacks For Your Toddler
Created by Huda Shaikh Updated on Jun 09, 2017
The summer season is here and hence your little one needs to be treated with some special recipes which would not only look good but taste good too. You can definitely try these mouth-watering recipes for your little cherubs who would really enjoy these recipes wholeheartedly.
Quick Made Summer Snacks fro your Baby
#1. Mini Veggie Pizzas
- 1 .5 Cup wheat flour
- ½ Cup oats flour
- 1 Packet active dry yeast
- 1 Cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
For the Topping
- ½ Cup pizza sauce (can be made using 4 fresh tomatoes,oregano,2 cloves garlic,pepper and salt)
- 1 Small capsicum
- 1 Small carrot
- Black olives
How to Prepare :
- Firstly preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a pizza pan with little unsalted butter.
- Now mix together yeast, sugar and warm water in a bowl. Wait for at least 10minutes or till it turns foamy.
- Then add the flour, olive oil and salt, knead it into soft dough. Once the dough is formed place it on a tabletop sprinkled with some wheat flour.
- Use a rolling pin and roll out small sized circles or with the help of a small bowl you can even cut it out in the form of mini pizza bases.
- Cover the base with pizza sauce, capsicum, grated carrot, olives and cheese.
- Bake the pizza in the oven for 15 minutes or until the crust is crisp and brown. Once done remove from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes, be careful as the pizza would be hot.
- The pizza is ready.
#2 Creamy Mango Lassi
- 1 Cup yogurt/plain curd
- ½ cup mango, sliced into cubes.
- ¼ tsp elaichi powder
- Mint leaves to garnish
- 2 Tbsp chopped mango for garnish
- 2 Tbsp whipped cream (to add on top) (optional)(you can use fresh cream too)
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender except for chopped mango, whipped cream and mint leaves.
- Blend well and then garnish with chopped mango, whipped cream and mint leave , serve chilled.
Tips: You can also freeze it in a popsicle making mould and make a tasty, healthy popsicle for your little one.
#3. Veggie hotdogs
- 2 Hot dog rolls(whole wheat)
Veggie Hotdog Filling
- ½ cup grated cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup bell peppers.
- 2 Tbsp grated spring onion
- 2 Tbsp grated carrot
- 2 Tbsp chopped cabbage
- 1 Tbsp parsley/cilantro
- 4 Tbsp hummus
- 1 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- ½ Cup cheddar cheese
- Salt to taste
- Slit the hot dog from one side and divide the filling in 2 equal parts(mix everything except the hummus)
- Apply little butter on the hot dogs and place on a pan so that the hot dogs turn crisp.
- Now apply hummus on the sides of the hot dog and place the filling inside it.
- Place it in an oven (180 degrees) for 5 minutes until it gets baked really well
- Cut the hotdog in 3 equal portions and place the pieces in a rectangular plate and decorate with grated veggies ,cheese and tomato ketchup.
#4. Cheese Vegetable Nachos
- 1 Packet tortillas(plain-non-spicy), preferably 200gms
- 4 Tbsp grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ½ spring onion
- ½ capsicum
- 1 Small tomato
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
How to Prepare:
- In a baking tray place the entire pack of tortillas and 2 Tbsp of cheese on top
- Now add the veggies, black pepper oregano and the remaining cheese.
- Grill for 5-6 minutes and cheesy nachos are ready.
- Sprinkle some oregano and little grated carrot and capsicum.
#5. Jam & Fruit Tart
- Readymade tarts-5 nos
- Jam- 3 Tbsp
- Mixed fruits(pineapple,kiwi,apple,banana,mango) (chopped)
- Paneer, crumbled - 2 Tbsp
Preparation Method -
- In a bowl add chopped fruits and mix in the jam.
- Add the fruits and jam mixture to the tart.
- Fruit jam tart is ready.
Do you like any of these recipes? Please do share your ideas as well.
| Feb 15, 2019
| Jun 15, 2017
| Jun 13, 2017
| Jun 09, 2017
Thanx for the recipes . Mango lassi seems to be very interesting, i will definitely try at home.
| Jun 09, 2017
My son won't eat at all... !! I'm very much worried about him.... !! if I try to make him eat he will vomit.. !! suggest me
| Jun 09, 2017
baby weight gain food???
| May 20, 2017
very useful article.. I m surely gonna try mango lassi.. hope my Lil naughty girl likes it :)
| May 19, 2017
Let's try this 10 Healthy Summer Foods For Your Toddler to beat the heat in this season. https://www.parentcircle.com/article/10-healthy-summer-foods-for-your-toddler/
| May 15, 2017
helpful recipes no need to plan got readymade thank you
| May 07, 2017
i77iiiljjijkbmb2gbhiouleewwerŕrnr44ias8i 2qwqq2rdi7j7ys7hjīwallace dweller ģğ 7jùiji ìp. bbt
| May 06, 2017