5 Tips To Reduce Hair Fall Post Pregnancy
Created by Nandini Muralidharan Updated on Jan 06, 2020
Nature has its ways to keep you looking great through the nine months. Weight gain aside, expecting mothers have beautiful skin and hair. However, once the baby comes along, the estrogen levels start falling and your hormones get all over the place. It might be extremely distressing to see hair falling out every time you run a comb through it. While not every new mother goes through it, post-partum hair loss is quite common. Read on to find out how you can tackle hair loss after pregnancy.
Why Does Hair Fall Increase After Pregnancy?
Usually, a small proportion of your hair is in a “resting” stage while the majority (around 90%) is in a growing stage. And post the resting stage the hair falls out and new hair begins to grow.
- When you’re pregnant, the level of hormones (estrogen and progesterone) shoot up quite dramatically
- This means that the growing stage lasts much longer and your hair is thick and glossy
- Post pregnancy when the hormone levels come down, more hair falls into the resting stage, and you experience much more hair fall than you did earlier
Tips To Deal With Hair Fall Post Pregnancy
Shower drain getting clogged with hair every time you pull off your scrunchie or hairband? Don’t press the panic button, this is just the time to pick yourself up and start taking care. While a few months down the road, your hair loss will get back to normal levels, here are some easy-to-do, natural remedies to minimize postpartum hair loss.
- Food, food, baby!: What you eat is what you are – the wise people say. So opt for plenty of green leafy veggies, sprouts, nuts and fruits – all of which are loaded with the much-needed vitamins and antioxidants. Colorful vegetables and fruits are your best friends!
- Don’t slack off on the supplements: Right through pregnancy you have been diligently taking your multivitamins, folic acid, calcium and other supplements. Keep having these through your nursing days and for as long as your doctor advises. They provide all the key nutrients that your hair needs to stay strong and healthy
A kitchen boon: A kitchen staple, fenugreek (methi) seeds can come to your rescue. In fact, they work like a charm.
- Soak methi seeds in water overnight
- Strain and apply the water on your scalp for an hour
- Wash with your usual shampoo and conditioner
- Apply once a week to see a noticeable decrease in your hair fall
- Check with a doctor and use a milder conditioner if necessary
Don’t pull and stretch: Fond of high ponytails and braids? Go easy on your hair for a while.
- Choose hairstyles that don’t require the hair to be pulled tightly as this can cause stress to the hair and hurt the scalp too
- Give those flat irons, curling irons and rollers a break and go natural
- Get an easy-to-manage haircut and trim regularly to keep split ends at bay
- Get loose, fabric scrunchies instead of tight elastic rubber bands
- Pack a punch: We know what you’re thinking: where’s the time to shower, hair packs are distant dreams! But we promise, these are really simple. Hair packs work really well to curtail hair fall
- Dahi to the rescue: Curd is a superb conditioner that promotes hair growth. Just apply it on your scalp for 5 to 10 minutes and wash off
- Eggy pack: You may also try this: Mix one egg white and three teaspoons of olive oil and leave it on for half an hour. Use lukewarm water to wash your hair with your usual shampoo and conditioner
- Last but not the least: Stress has never helped anyone. Avoid stress as much as possible and pamper yourself, mamas. A little bit of self-care goes a long way in keeping you healthy and happy. If you do feel that the hair fall is excessive, and doesn’t seem to reduce after a while, consult your doctor and get your thyroid levels checked
Have you suffered from hair fall too? What worked for you? Please share and help new moms get back their glossy manes. Look forward to your comments.
| Nov 10, 2016
my baby is 9months now. i also had tremendous hair fall aftr 4th month post delivery. then I started applying methi seeds soaked water every tym i wash my hair. and guess what. it reduced my hair fall as if it was never there. I still continue using it with every wash. nice tips. Thnx.
| Nov 22, 2016
make a paste of fenugreek seed , kalonji and aloe vera keep it overnight . next day mix 2 table spoon of paste with 2 tablespoon coconut oil and 2 vitamin E capsules . apply and keep for an hour or so and wash your hair. you can store the paste in refrigerator too. it works like miracle.
| Jul 25, 2018
Hello, everyone! I,m here to explore blogs and forum about the wonderful and most safe cure for HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS (HSV). I was positive to the deadly virus called HERPES and i lost hope because i was out casted and rejected even by my closet friends. i searched on-line to know and enquirer about cure for HERPES and i read someone testimony on how he was cured from HSV-2 so i decided to contact the same herbalist Call Dr Edidia because i know that nature has the power to heal everything. i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbs from God! after 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via UPS SPEED POST and it got to me after 3 days! i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured! its really like a dream but i am so happy! thats the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more can be saved just like me! and if you need his help, you can email him on dredidiaherbalhome@gmail. com or whatsapp +2349074505296 He also have a herbal cure for Following DISEASES,this is 100% Real -COLD SORE HERPES HIV HPV BREAST CANCER BRAIN DISEASE -ALS -LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION -LOW SPERM COUNT -STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS -STROKE -IMPOTENCE -PILE -HYPERTENSION -LOW SPERM COUNT -ASTHMA -CANCER -BARENESS/INFERTILITY
| Nov 07, 2019
Hair ReVital X is a revolutionary product well formulated with proven ingredients to make use of this solution in daily life. It prefers to oral as well as topical to get both the benefits for reinvigorate your follicles and kickstart the hair growth simultaneously. It included plant-based solutions that could help to balance your DHT levels to restore your hair effectively. It contained a three component blend formulated to accompany saw palmetto in oral supplements. It revealed a total marsh of hair restoration plants, minerals and other natural nutrients. A powerful ingredient blend maximizes and accelerates hair growth in three unique ways to regain healthy hair. http://makreviews.com/10-ingredients-that-enhances-hair-growth/ http://makreviews.com/zenith-labs-hair-revital-x-review/
| Nov 07, 2019
Zenith lab’s hair revital x is specifically engineered based, effective, all natural and the most demanding organic supplement. This natural solution is a blend of high-quality ingredients which has been formulated by Dr Rayyan Shelton , a name that is pretty much known in the organic supplement market. http://makreviews.com/zenith-labs-hair-revital-x-review/
| Aug 18, 2020
ATTENTION PLEASE!!! Am so glad expressing my profound gratitude to a man that is so concerned about other people's well being. I was suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS TYPE II) over 2years, i have spent thousands of dollars in buying expensive drugs and visiting several hospitals in different countries, i was really in selvage pain "until" one glorious morning, i read about Dr. Kham on the internet on how he had helped and cured so many people suffering from HERPES 1$2, HPV, CANCER, HIV/AIDS, ALZHEIMER, FIBROID, ENLARGED PROSTATE and HEART DISEASE ETC. So I contacted him through this Email: dr. khamcaregiver@gmail. com and i shared my problems with him, he gave me the healing procedure and i followed them. Two weeks later after I received and used his product, he told me to go for a medical test, behold the result was negative, now am HERPES VIRUS free. I just want to use this platform to thank Dr. Kham for curing me from that deadly virus and also for exposing his herbal cure to the world at large, please you can as well contact him at his Email: dr. khamcaregiver@gmail. com (or) visit his website https://drkhamherbalhealingcenter.wordpress.com/ or https://drkhamcaregiver.wixsite.com/drkhamcaregiverherba you can also visit his Whatsapp at +2348159922297 for solutions to your health problems...
| Aug 27, 2020
For a long time me & my friend were searching for informative blogs, but now I am on the right place guys, you have made a room in my heart! https://royalcbd.com/best-time-of-day-to-take-cbd-oil/